Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

moshpitmolly
moshpitmolly Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi there, I'm a complete newbie here and hoping to get advice and chat with people who experience similar issues.

I have suffered with depression for many, many years and more recently with anxiety too.  A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with C-PTSD after an abusive marriage.  Them after years of crippling fatigue I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the end of 2019.

I have gone from working full time and gradually have to keep cutting my hours.  I now work 24 hours a week but am starting to struggle with that too.  I also care for my mum.  I'm not sure how much more I can take to be honest.

Happy to share stories/experiences.

:)

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,681 Disability Gamechanger
    edited May 2021
    Hi @moshpitmolly welcome to the forum, if you would like to join in any topics that are on the forum, specially in the coffee lounge section. sorry to read that you are struggling with work. Are you getting support with your diagnosis with C PTSD? Also with your Fibromyagia?  Have you looked in to getting help with caring for mom?
    https://cptsdfoundation.org/safe-support-groups/  a link you may find useful
    https://www.fmauk.org/contactsmenu/supportgroups may also be useful.
    There are lots of help also for your depression if you want some links for that
    08088003333 is scopes help line if you need to speak to someone.
    Have you been referred in work to oc health to see if you may benefit from adjustments also.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @moshpitmolly and welcome to the community :) I'm sorry to read that you've had a tough time but thank you for opening up to us. Are you receiving any support for your mental health? 

Regarding your work, have you spoken to your employer about how you feel and potentially discussing reasonable adjustments? Is you mum receiving any additional support for her care needs?

I apologise for all the questions, we just want to help you as much as we can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

We are hers to support and usually someone around to join in discussions with 

Hope to see you around 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @moshpitmolly - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community.  :) I'm sorry to read about all of your problems as you have been through such a lot. As Ami asks, are both you & your Mum getting any support? As well as looking at the links Sandy has given, Scope has some info on 'Reasonable adjustments,' which might also be helpful. Please see: https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/work-careers/reasonable-adjustments/
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @moshpitmolly!

I can see that the others have already asked some important questions, and directed you towards some useful resources. Have you had a chance to take a look? 

It sounds as though you're going through a difficult time at the moment, so we'd like to try and help if we can :)
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.