Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Pip successful after mandatory reconsideration
Hi posted here in February after husband failed pip assessment with capita receiving 0points on living and mobility . After help from citizens advice we did the mandatory reconsideration + while waiting husband got the diagnoses that we expected of ASD with severe anxiety. We had telephone call from a dwp decision maker on Saturday morning just wanting to clarify some questions. Fast forward to today after all the stress and tears we received a bank payment from PIP. After phoning we where told he has had enhanced living and standard mobility with letter in post with point scoring. We are over the moon that capita has been made to be the lies and not us. Thought we would share the good news with you to show that DONT GIVE UP. Stand up and fight . There is light at the end .
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 621 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 907 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 690 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.