Pip successful after mandatory reconsideration
Hi posted here in February after husband failed pip assessment with capita receiving 0points on living and mobility . After help from citizens advice we did the mandatory reconsideration + while waiting husband got the diagnoses that we expected of ASD with severe anxiety. We had telephone call from a dwp decision maker on Saturday morning just wanting to clarify some questions. Fast forward to today after all the stress and tears we received a bank payment from PIP. After phoning we where told he has had enhanced living and standard mobility with letter in post with point scoring. We are over the moon that capita has been made to be the lies and not us. Thought we would share the good news with you to show that DONT GIVE UP. Stand up and fight . There is light at the end .
- 49.4K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4.1K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 136 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 660 Work and employment
- 527 Education
- 970 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 927 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.5K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.5K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 588 Chronic pain and pain management
- 650 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 704 Autism and neurodiversity
- 848 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.