Pip successful after mandatory reconsideration — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip successful after mandatory reconsideration

misswales
misswales Community member Posts: 5 Connected
edited May 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi posted here in February after husband failed pip assessment with capita receiving 0points on living and mobility . After help from citizens advice we did the mandatory reconsideration + while waiting husband got the diagnoses that we expected of ASD with severe anxiety. We had telephone call from a dwp decision maker on Saturday morning just wanting to clarify some questions. Fast forward to today after all the stress and tears we received a bank payment from PIP. After phoning we where told he has had enhanced living and standard mobility with letter in post with point scoring. We are over the moon that capita has been made to be the lies and not us. Thought we would share the good news with you to show that DONT GIVE UP. Stand  up and fight . There is light at the end . 
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news glad it all worked out 

I wouldn't say capita have been proved to lie just a new dm has looked at it all 8ncl6ding your Mr and made a different decision 

But great and so pleased hw got a good award and thanks for sharing 

It inspires others to keep up the fight 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    Always good to hear good news even better when it's great news !
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks for sharing @misswales :) I'm sure this will give other members some hope that a good result is possible. Well done for persisting!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Emilyb81
    Emilyb81 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Thankyou for sharing your experience! Must admit I think I'm slowly losing the will to live since I lost my pip and sdp in one hit! And I have done what I shouldn't of done and looked online to see if others were successful with a mandatory reconsideration and because I sent mine off nearly 2 months ago and haven't heard anything back yet I'm thinking the worst! And obviously most people don't come online to say how good things have gotten or that it's worked out great? So not best idea for someone with low self esteem already to go searching out more negativity? But reading your story has made me feel a little bit less negative! And that's no easy task! I do have my own question to ask but I'm new here so need to figure out how I do that and then you won't be able to shut me up lol take care guys and stay safe! Xx
  • Harrington
    Harrington Community member Posts: 33 Courageous
    @Emilyb81  I too am awaiting a MR response i sent it off a month ago i did this last time and went from 0 to 8 points for both care and mobility, here is hoping for both of us for a good outcome, I was feeling nervous as it only took a month last time but you say its taken 2 months for you so i will try and chill about the wait as i hear its a back log going on..
  • misswales
    misswales Community member Posts: 5 Connected
    Best of luck to both of you like I said husband went from 0 in both to 13 point for living and 10 for mobility . MR was submitted around 2months ago so hopefully you haven't got long to wait  as I understand the stress and anxiety it causes . 
  • psalms23
    psalms23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hello everyone, This post has given me a little bit of hope. Submitted my MR 6 wks ago. Txt msg from dwp said around 10 wks before I hear anything. I was on enhanced daily living and standard mobility. Scored 6 and 4 after Review assessment. This waiting game is painful. Btw, Im from Southeast, not sure of the back log  here but I'm staying positive as I dont think I will have the strength to go to tribunal. I don't really want to ring dwp as its too early and I worry that they will have to decide my MR in a rush because I'm too impatient. 
    It's frustrating to think that we all suffer with health conditions  some are life long some has no cure but our fate of getting help  lies on one strangers decision. 
    Congratulations to all who has been awarded or got their award reinstated. ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    You're right that it's often the bad stories you hear online @Emilyb81, as people don't post when things have gone well as often as they do when things didn't go as they'd hoped. I can see that you've managed to make your own post now, which is great :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Emilyb81
    Yes thankyou was a lot easier than I thought it would be! ?
    And I guess people need support and advice more because of a negative situation so it ends up looking un even? I am terrible at looking things up online! Any medical issue I'm straight on symptom checkers etc! Within an hour I'm convinced I have some random life threatening disease when in actual fact I only have a cold! The covid worry has been a nightmare every cough or hot flush is a symptom! So looking online very rarely ends well for me lol apart from finding this group actually really helpful, useful and easy to use! So thank you for being here! 
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    So good to read some positive out comes. I had my PIP assessment today on the phone with ISA, had to prompt her for missing out sections but after having waited over 6 months for the assessment (new claim) I’m told I have another 2 months for a decision! Dreading to think if she ignores what I told her and downgrades me on everything etc. Been horrible trying to cope on new style esa and UC. I just hope I have a happy ending and don’t have to go through the horror of MR and appeal 
  • erin2490
    erin2490 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    @misswales hi,you know when you got the money backdated (they call it an underpayment)
    Did you receive 2 separate amounts in the bank one for mobility and then one for care. Cause I've been told I have 2 underpayments due but I didn't ask about the mobility aspect as I only quered the care part (I'm aware they look at the whole claim again when doing a mr) and she did say I was going to get enhanced care.

I know I'll find out in the next week or so just wondered if it did come in 2 separate payments ? Thanks erinx
  • Emilyb81
    If it helps @erin2490 I got mine in 1 payment not 2? But as you have been told you are getting 2 payments of arrears it may be different? Would think it would be same time though once it's worked out etc ?
  • bart70
    bart70 Community member Posts: 74 Courageous
    My back money was paid in one payment which was both elements. If you want to clarify why your getting 2 payment just give them a ring. I’ve always found the pip staff really helpful and friendly. They will explain it to you and give you a break down of the payments 
  • Emilyb81
    @bart70 is right ?
    Probably is best to actually call and ask them rather than on here because we can only guess based on our own experience? I know calling them is hard at times but is easiest way to get definite answers? ??
  • Popdiva43
    Popdiva43 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    I'm so glad everyone is telling their happy stories, but unfortunately mine didn't turn out that way, I still got zero points on both elements after MR so now on Friday I have a telephone tribunal, and I get I what I'm deserved. 
  • psalms23
    psalms23 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I posted here May, awaiting MR. Im happy to share that my PiP has been reinstated. I was on enhanced Care and standard mobility. 
    Lsst month I had the backdated payment from March when it was discontinued after my telephone reassessment. 
    I did have two payments in month of june, first one was the backdated money owed to me and then pip payment due again after 2 weeks. 

I'm happy to read some success stories like mine. For those who are still waiting keep fighting and very best of luck. 

• erin2490
    erin2490 Community member Posts: 45 Courageous
    Thanks for you replys and sorry to hear some people have  struggled to get their pip. 
    I just wondered,I really didn't want to spend an hour and a half on hold again but I've taken your advice and on hold now to ask x
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Wel done @misswales and congratulations ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Karawen
    Karawen Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Well done @misswales it's great to hear a positive story!

Having recently received my assessment report, it looks as though I'm to be going for an MR too
  • Emilyb81
    Did you manage to get through? @erin2490 ????

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.