Hi, my name is dean — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dean

Options
deab
deab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm x army I suffer from I had to take dwp to court cause they stop my pip but thank the courts they awarded me my pip at the enhance rate from 10 September 2019  I think as a x soldier who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan there should be more reconishion for us soldiers who saw so many horrors

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @deab - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining, & for all your service in the army. You certainly must have seen so much in Iraq & Afghanistan, & the impact it has should be recognised. I hope you are now receiving any help & support you need. I'm sure you'll like this friendly & supportive forum & hope to see you looking around. If you fancy some light hearted chat & word games you may like our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' You're also welcome to join in with any discussions, or just chat here any time.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @deab :) Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your story so far. 

Well done on getting the level of PIP you deserve on appeal- I can appreciate that won't have been an easy process. 

Have you been receiving enough support since you left the army? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • deab
    deab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words no since I came out the army I've had no support but my local mo is going to make things happen for me so hopefully I will have the support soon
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry that you haven't received any support so far, but it's good to hear that you're hopefully on the road to accessing some support @deab. The Veterans' Gateway also has some useful information about how and where to access support.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.