Hi, my name is dean — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dean

deab
deab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm x army I suffer from I had to take dwp to court cause they stop my pip but thank the courts they awarded me my pip at the enhance rate from 10 September 2019  I think as a x soldier who fought in Iraq and Afghanistan there should be more reconishion for us soldiers who saw so many horrors

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @deab - welcome to the community, & thank you for joining, & for all your service in the army. You certainly must have seen so much in Iraq & Afghanistan, & the impact it has should be recognised. I hope you are now receiving any help & support you need. I'm sure you'll like this friendly & supportive forum & hope to see you looking around. If you fancy some light hearted chat & word games you may like our virtual 'Coffee lounge.' You're also welcome to join in with any discussions, or just chat here any time.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @deab :) Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and your story so far. 

Well done on getting the level of PIP you deserve on appeal- I can appreciate that won't have been an easy process. 

Have you been receiving enough support since you left the army? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • deab
    deab Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you for your kind words no since I came out the army I've had no support but my local mo is going to make things happen for me so hopefully I will have the support soon
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry that you haven't received any support so far, but it's good to hear that you're hopefully on the road to accessing some support @deab. The Veterans' Gateway also has some useful information about how and where to access support.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness