Motability, Blue Badges and disabled motoring
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Car Tax Discount Question.

RandyHuggins75RandyHuggins75 Member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi All,

I'm hoping that this is the correct sub-forum for this question!

A few months ago I found out that I am eligible for the 50% car tax discount as I am in receipt of the PIP standard rate mobility (wish I'd known about this 4 years ago!)

As my car tax was due at the end of this month I ensured I sent all of the required information & the cheque with over a month to go before it runs out. I sent everything via recorded delivery & I know that they've received & signed for it (I've been burned too many times with government departments losing my forms!)

As of yet I've not heard anything & I'm concerned that I'm not going to hear anything before my current tax expires. My main concern is that I rely on my car & not being allowed to use it because they've not responded in time.

Unfortunately being profoundly deaf I am unable to call them to chase up their progress & do not have access to anyone that could do it on my behalf.  I do wish they would make the process a little easier!

Does anyone here have any experience similar to mine or is able to advise me as to what I could do?

Thanks,

Keith.
Tagged:

Replies

Sign in or join us to comment.