Will you continue to wear a facemask after the 19th July? - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will you continue to wear a facemask after the 19th July?

124»

Comments

• gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    I have been wearing masks ever since first lockdown, and i had covid, before that, before it was actually known as covid,so i wear a mask as soon as i get out the car,and walk around anywhere,towns,shops,etc. I get strange looks that I'm usually the only person actually wearing one! 
    If it helps,or not,thats debatable,but what it does do,is make me feel a little bit safer! 

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I'll continue to wear my facemask or covering at least some of the time
    In wales we are still required to wear face masks in certain places and social distance  we saw a rise after every where was opend up on the weekend in wales we still have to social distance in certain places  

• LoveLife
    LoveLife Posts: 7 Listener
    edited August 2021
    No, I won't be wearing my facemask or covering at all
    Check out the govt yellow card scheme and (Removed by moderator, unnecessary comment that could potentially spread inaccurate information)
  • snailpace
    snailpace Community member Posts: 66 Courageous
    I win will continue wearing face masks and doing everything possible to keep myself safe.
  • gaz1960
    gaz1960 Community member Posts: 292 Pioneering
    snailpace said:
    I win will continue wearing face masks and doing everything possible to keep myself safe.
    Brilliant! 
  • frightenedautistic
    frightenedautistic Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I'm going to keep wearing mine, with that being said I struggle to go outside, but my parents are my support network and encouraging me, so I think it's important to keep wearing one if I do manage to. 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I’ve been wearing mine still but have noticed a huge increase to people not doing so. 
  • snailpace
    @MarkN88. Hi Mark, yes, I’m the same. I wear mine, but noticed most people now are not wearing theirs.
  • snailpace
    @frightenedautistic, yes I am the same, I rarely go out, other than hospital/doctors appointments, but on the rare occasion I do go out I will continue to wear mine.
  • frightenedautistic
    frightenedautistic Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    I think that's really lovely @snailpace :) I've noticed the same as both you and @MarkN88 have though, I see fewer and fewer people continuing to wear one.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I haven't noticed fewer people wearing masks in my area.
    A lot of places still won't let you in unless you have one.

I don't go out much but I usually keep one slung under my chin like a hammock and only actually put it on if I'm going into somewhere, I no longer bother outdoors.
  • daz2
    daz2 Community member, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 113 Pioneering
    Went up to London last weekend & noticed on the tube that it was the young people not wearing masks & the older people wearing masks. It was the other way around at the start of the pandemic. I only wear one now when on the train, bus or in a shop. I noticed no-one wears them anymore in the pubs me & my wife go to.

• Chris4244
    Chris4244 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    I wear a mask if I have to go out. I avoid going out as much as possible. I have cloth re usable masks, but even they irritate and cause me to get a sore throat for a few days. I have poor mobility and its not easy for me to dodge out of the way if someone is coming towards me without a mask on. I have seen people approacing me who are coughing and make no effort to cover their mouth or turn away or even to keep their distance. Its vry stresful which is why staying indoors is easier.  I wish more people would keep masked up, when out in public. I've even been to hospital and GP appointments and sat in crowded waiting rooms and about 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 people don't wear a mask or wear it incorrectly. I've even seen people remove a mask to cough into the room, then put the mask back on! I'm aware there are mixed views on this and that some scientists/medics say masks are ineffecitve, but the way I look at is that if wearing masks did NOTHING to reduce the spread of infections, then why would surgeons wear them when doing operations?  Logicaly, they must offer some protection and surely anything is better than nothing. (On a side note, I've also unfortunatly been in hospital / Gp waiting rooms and consulting rooms and all the windows were shut! I thought the guidelines were to maximise ventillation. Why all too often does the NHS fail to lead by example on this?!)
  • Lee39
    Lee39 Community member Posts: 68 Connected
    edited August 2021
    I wore a mask the whole time up until i had my 2nd dose then i stopped wearing one, thing is since i have seen the numbers rising i think i am going to start wearing one again particularly when i am out shopping, if i am just going for a walk then i will continue to not wear one or choose depending on what i am doing on the time. 

At the end of the day i don't wear it for myself, i wear it to protect others. They are not nice to wear i wear a black fabric mask and it gets hot and sweaty but that is a lot better than getting this terrible virus and potentially fighting for my life. I will just use common sense. 
  • Alicia89
    Alicia89 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    I still wear mine and I've had both my jabs. It worries me that I'll get it and give it to my kids or am to poorly to look after them. And it's just me and them so it's not a risk I want to take. We don't go out much and I order everything online. I try not to think to much on it as I become abit mind consuming.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    No, I won't be wearing my facemask or covering at all
    I haven't wore a mask since the rules changed., hate them!

My elder daughter got Covid just over a month ago (maybe a little longer) as i'd been in close contact with her i had to self isolate for 10 days. She caught it from a colleague at work.

Thankfully, she didn't pass it onto myself or anyone else in my close family. She also didn't keep her distance from my grandson as it was just too difficult because he's only little and needed his mammy.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.