PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Pip end date - what happens next

griff11griff11 Member Posts: 81 Courageous
My adult daughter was awarded PIP at higher rate for 2 years for a MH condition and is due to end in February 2022.  Before this date will she get forms through to reapply or does it just end and you apply again?

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

If she was awarded by dwp and not tribunal she will get review forms around 6 months prior to end date 

If awarded at tribunal she will get a letter around 14 weeks prior to end date telling her to re apply 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,196 Pioneering
    griff11 said:
    My adult daughter was awarded PIP at higher rate for 2 years for a MH condition and is due to end in February 2022.  Before this date will she get forms through to reapply or does it just end and you apply again?

If the award was made by DWP she will be sent a renewal pack before the end date. If the award was made by a tribunal she will be sent a letter reminding her of the end date with an invitation to start a new claim.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • griff11griff11 Member Posts: 81 Courageous
    She was awarded by DWP after submitting an appeal.  They rang just before hearing to say they had changed their decision - originally zero points, to 6 points on MR to then full award for daily living and mobility.  So I guess she should get review forms soon.  She's not in a good place at the moment so I need to remind her husband to look out for them and alert me so I can help her complete.

Thank you.
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,201 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes that's right around Sept time 
Sign in or join us to comment.