Vegetarian or Meat? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vegetarian or Meat?

Options

Comments

• cozyplants
    cozyplants Scope Member Posts: 44 Courageous
    Options
    I eat meat. I tried being vegetarian for a while but I became really unwell, perhaps if I tried with imput of my doc to make sure I got enough protein I wouldn't become ill. But for now, I'm not making diet changes until I'm more stable. But I'm looking to reduce my animal product consumption, and have conversations with my family about doing the same if they wish!
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm perfectly OK with anyone becoming, or is a vegetarian.
    I'm just a little fed up with having it bombarded at me as something I should do.  
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,772 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm perfectly OK with anyone becoming, or is a vegetarian.
    I'm just a little fed up with having it bombarded at me as something I should do.  
    I share this view.

I sometimes wonder whether some vegans actually like being in the minority, so they can act superior to the rest of us. If we all became vegan I'm sure they would find something else to preach to us about!

No offence intended to any vegans on this forum, I'm sure you are nice people, just commenting on the vegans I have met in real life! :D 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I do like Greg's vegan steak bake
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Options
    Vegan boots and handbags apparently aren't for eating..who knew!?  :D
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    Options
    I have to admit, I don't like to see any butchery going on. I just like to see meat cooked and, on the plate. I do eat quite a lot of fruit and veg, but still like meat at times.
    @Sandy_123 I have never tried a vegan 'steak' bake. But why name it steak, when I assume it doesn't have any meat in it?
  • Cress
    Options
    @Dragonslayer
    To tell you what it's trying to taste like...

You fancy some substitute chicken you're not going to be wanting substitute beef...
  • Cress
    Options
    I quite like the names of some ...you can get No Bull Burgers and No Porkies sausage rolls  :)
  • Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 284 Pioneering
    Options
    That was why I gave up meat @Dragonslayer
    I watched a clip, showing what can happen in an abattoir and I simply could not get that image out of my head.
    I ate meat for years but the reality of it all, for me, was too much. 
    However, I certainly don't judge people for eating meat though and I don't impose my views upon anyone else.
    As I said previously I still cook meat for everyone else, although one of my daughters eats more plant based than not.. ?

• chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I think it is best if I eat vegetarian and plant-based meals for my future diet.
  • JackiH
    JackiH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    We mainly eat vegetables through choice as we love them all, fish and organic chicken, not keen on the red meats but have on occasion had some in a stew. We wouldn't miss meat at all.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How long have you been vegetarian @pannagila
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    "Resurrection" of an interesting conversation. 
    I agree with Dragonslayer over the way vegans and vegetarians slam their lifestyle down the throats of those who like meat.  Each to their own.
    I eat meat every day, without fail.  The only time I don`t eat meat is when meat isn`t part of the dish e.g. Cornflakes.
    I will never stop eating meat unless my body develops a life threatening reaction to it.

• Grinchy
    Grinchy Community member Posts: 1,873 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I eat meat every day, i don't have a problem with vegetarians or vegans, live and let live, some can be a bit preachy i've found, but i just pass on by and try to enjoy my day
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been veggie for over 30 years and I eat quit a lot of vegan food as well.
  • caldo22
    caldo22 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I like meat with red wine. It's mostly about steaks in good company. And I love grilled veggies going with meat. But I quit drinking milk or eating any dairies.
  • chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
    Options
    I have been eating vegan and vegetarian meals recently but I also eat meat when I am with my family. 

I will eat vegetarian and vegan meals in the future when I moved into my new flat. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am a big meat eater. Doesn’t really bother me what other people do and no one will stop me from buying it, I pay no attention to them videos trying to make you feel bad. The only day of the year I won’t eat meat is Good Friday.
  • rish
    rish Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Options
    It’s very much a personal choice. I have grown up vegetarian, my family have been Jain’s for centuries so don’t eat meat, but my brother and partner eat meat.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Do you have any good veggie recipes to share @rish? :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.