Vegetarian or Meat? - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Vegetarian or Meat?

Options
13»

Comments

• rish
    rish Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Options
    @Tori_Scope I wouldn’t say I am a good cook , but I can find some recipes online :) - Chilli Paneer is my favourite, though not really healthy.
  • Cartini
    Cartini Community member Posts: 1,108 Pioneering
    Options
    rish said:
    Chilli Paneer is my favourite, though not really healthy.
    Healthiness is a little sacrifice for flavour ;) I`m not vegetarian or vegan, but I apply the sacrifice to the curries I make with copious amounts of ghee or coconut milk / cream

• Amberpearl
    Amberpearl Community member Posts: 1,212 Pioneering
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was aged 3

I don't believe in killing animals for humans 
    It's so. Wrong 
  • Cartini
    Options
    I've been a vegetarian since I was aged 3

I don't believe in killing animals for humans 
    It's so. Wrong 
    Animals are part of the food chain.  If humans were still living in caves and running round half naked, they would be part of the food chain too.
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and I eat  meat substitute, quorn.

The only way I can describe what I eat is I don't eat anything with a face.
    I do eat dairy products, such as milk, cheese, yogurt and butter as long as it's vegetarian as not all cheese or yogurt are vegetarian as they may contain animal rennet or gelatine.

Rest of family are all meat eaters.

I do eat gelatine due to the ingredients of my meds but I know the dangers of not taking these meds so it really is needs must.
    Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You learn new things every day! I never knew that in other countries they would boil your dog to eat @Ada - what countries are these?

What an interesting and insightful thread. If anyone wishes to share anything else on this thread, please feel free  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • wendy41
    wendy41 Community member Posts: 227 Pioneering
    Options
    Well tonight 23/10/2022 I tried Linda Mcartney veggie mince. I've also tried Quorn mince. I'm not veggie but have nothing against it. Love Linda Mcartney 1/4lb burgers. However, think will have to stick with original mince meat as veggie mince didn't go down to good tonight. Was disappointed, but it was better texture than Quorn veggie mince. But wont be using it again. On a more positive note; I'm now eating smoked tofu (Tofoo) and coping with it so far. 
  • Binky1234
    Binky1234 Community member Posts: 408 Pioneering
    Options
    Disgusting and so cruel.

Totally unnecessary imho

People say that I spoil my dog but the way I see it is he is on this planet for such a short time and if I'm lucky it will be  16 years so I make it my duty to spoil and love him each day he is able to give me his all, and looks at me with his cute little face and in return me and hubby will give him the best live possible 💖

Hard to imagine the cruelty in this world, sometimes I wonder who the animal is!

Knowing When to walk away is Wisdom, being able is courage, walking away with your head held high is dignity.
  • wendy41
    Options
    @lisathomas50
    I always though powered egg went out with rationing after the war. ?
    Yep! Never seen it on shelves in supermarkets so that picture is first time seeing it! And ALWAYS first thing I think of when someone says 'powdered egg' I think War rations as that is what my mum told me. Never tried it so would be interesting to see how it turns out. From what I've been told it wasn't that great!?
  • wendy41
    Options
    'oh bother!' .... keep doing that; answering posts from 2021 or later!  :s
  • Cartini
    Options
    Ada said:
    Binky1234 said:
    Disgusting and so cruel.

Totally unnecessary imho

People say that I spoil my dog but the way I see it is he is on this planet for such a short time and if I'm lucky it will be  16 years so I make it my duty to spoil and love him each day he is able to give me his all, and looks at me with his cute little face and in return me and hubby will give him the best live possible 💖

Hard to imagine the cruelty in this world, sometimes I wonder who the animal is!

Totally agree. It’s heartbreaking 
    I don`t see anyone complaining about the cruelty to animals in this country.  Halal food, available everywhere, involves slitting the throat of an animal while it`s still alive - not stunned, but still alive.
    China is a different country and culture, they have their ways (as abhorrent as they are), but they aren`t as abhorrent as a nation that has had to concede to another culture to allow their abhorrent method (halal).
  • jennyrose
    jennyrose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Well where being vegetarian you could still consume good amount of proteins for you with alternatives such as tofu, cottage cheese works well! Where as meat has a great amount of proteins in order what your body actually needs to learn more view bio for being healthy. Have a great day.
    To learn more check www.shoptruepills.com

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.