Hi, my name is Dempseym! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dempseym!

Dempseym
Dempseym Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
Hi all, 

I have just joined the community and look forward to joining in discussions to support the disadvantages disabled people face in what should be an inclusive environment. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 
  • Dempseym
    Hi Janer, 

Thank you. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dempseym - & welcome to this friendly community. Thank you for joining us all. I shall look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)
  • Dempseym
    Hi Chiarieds, 

Look forward to chatting with friendly people!  It is nice to have a virtual community of nice people, quite distinct from the community in which I live.  
    :)
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Dempseym :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Dempseym
    Thanks, Amy, nice to hear from you.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community from me too @Dempseym :) That's a lovely reason to join, so I look forward to seeing you around!

How was your bank holiday weekend? 

Please just give us a shout if you need anything at all. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Dempseym
    Hi Tori 

So nice to hear from you.  My weekend was okay except for the ongoing anti-social behaviour from neighbours.  Deliberate banging on my wall and deliberate stomping up and down a wooden staircase.  I am isolated completely because they have launched a smear campaign against me, typical of sick minded people. I just keep praying!  I guess I am not alone.  Nice to have friends here who are kind.  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear about the anti-social behaviour of your neighbours @Dempseym. Is this something you've reported to anyone? 
    I am isolated completely because they have launched a smear campaign against me, typical of sick minded people.
    What do you mean when you say that they've launched a smear campaign against you? 

Do you have any other friends or family that you can connect with in-person? 

Yes, the community is always here for you :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Dempseym
    Hi Tori,  The disability harassment has been going on for 5 years now.  Victim support and my Assembly Member have been supporting me.  The Police have supported the offenders and not one incident has been investigated in accordance with policy.  I complained about them discriminating against me and the apathy towards my suffering got worse.  My son has a learning difficulty, 3 of the offenders extended their harassment towards him and his support worker.  The support worker put forward a statement to ensure something was done and to prevent further upset for my son as he has witnessed the bullying of me for so mah years and it has affected him so badly.  Suffice to say, the statement was never mentioned and the offenders were supported and I have been accused of being the problem.  The neighbours have been spreading malicious rumours that I am mentally ill and it is me that is the problem.  I am a professional disabled Civil Servant and my reputation has been destroyed within this community.  My work colleagues and my senior managers are appalled at the gossip and are brilliant in supporting me.  My Hate Crime worker at Victim support is really supportive also, she is frustrated with the police and the council as they are collaborating together to ensure nothing is done.  All despite a former Anti-Social (ASB) behaviour manager who sent letters to 3 of the gang as they all targeted me on V-E Day with their friends.  The ASB manager was moved once the police became aware as it highlighted their failings.  They have put another manager in who now follows the narrative of no offences identified, case closed. Appalling corruption.  I am just left to put up with it, it is so hard to suffer such insjustice. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.