Account issues — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Account issues

janer1967
janer1967 Member Posts: 12,375 Disability Gamechanger
Just wondering if anyone else is having tech issues with their account 

I have reported this on several occasions to the community but apart from a initial response to say it had been reported I have had no updates despite sending additional emails I am disappointed to say the least 

My issues are i am not getting notifications for pm or badges or if I have been tagged and also unable to amend my notification preferences for the different categories 

I wanted to do this as I said I was taking a back seat and wanted to switch off some of the notifications to stop my inbox getting so full 

Just wondering if anyone else has had any issue like this 
I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can't help I will

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 8,105

Scope community team

Hello @janer1967,

I'm sorry you're still experiencing this issue. To be completely honest, the reason why we've been quite slow to update on this problem (capacity issues aside) is that we simply don't have much of an update to give you, but you're quite right that we should have reached out and let you know that was the case.

I've actually replicated the issue you're having around notifications myself, and this additional evidence has been reported to our platform providers. However, we're still waiting on an update from them about possible fixes. Unfortunately we're heavily reliant on them resolving issues on their end, so we're just as anxious to see it fixed as you are.

If anyone else is having issues receiving notifications for private messages or badges, please either let us know below or email us at [email protected] as the more data we have, the easier it will be for the developers to work out what's going wrong. We'll be chasing about an update shortly and hopefully we'll have something useful soon.

With regards to adjusting your notifications, a very recent update to our forum software means that you can now adjust category-specific notifications within the categories themselves. Within a category view, e.g. coffee lounge, you can select a bell icon at the top left of the page and then make adjustments to your preferences.

A screenshot of the coffee lounge category in mobile view The bell icon is situated in the top lefthand corner and highlighted in a red box

Unfortunately you'll have to make adjustments like this for every individual category, which I acknowledge is incredibly fiddly. If you need any help with this, please let us know.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    @Adrian_Scope thanks for the update it is appreciated 
    I have professional experience in HR within public,  private, and charity sectors.  If I can't help I will
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,538 Disability Gamechanger
    I am someone who turns off all notifications of everything bar phone calls and badges for texts. No vibrate; no emails. Nothing. Lowered my stress levels massively and I would never ever go back despite my VI. 
  • janer1967
    @mikehughescq I get your point but I was really referring to scope notifications

Having a young son I keep my other notifications on my phone so he can contact me if in trouble or anything 

But yes I am considering turning off my scope ones 
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,538 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes, I’m talking about those too. I’d rather look at the site at my leisure than be exposed to constant prompts.
  • janer1967
    Tending to agree with you on that one 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.