Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
ESA permitted work question
I'm thinking about trying to do permitted work (I'm currently in the ESA WRAG because of autism and ADHD).
I can't get through to Citizen's advice to get any advice (ha!), so I'm wondering if anyone here knows.
I'm anxious about telling DWP I want to start permitted work as I'm worried that they'll stop my benefits or move me across to UC and the idea of jumping through all the hoops is making me really, really anxious. I know this is not how permitted work is supposed to work, but I'm also incredibly cagey having been on the receiving end of DWP shenanigans more than once.
The work is just some home based computer stuff for 14 hours per week spread out a couple of hours at a time.
Does anyone know what happens when you send the form off to DWP?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 620 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 906 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 636 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 689 Autism and neurodiversity
- 821 Mental health and wellbeing
- 283 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.