Could I make a complaint about compliance officer asking for evidence I'd already provided? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Could I make a complaint about compliance officer asking for evidence I'd already provided?

Armin
Armin Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi
I need to get help.
I have mental health disability. The compliance officer from DWP told me to provide evidence that I had not received the maintenance loan through one year of my studying, even that I called and let them know before, and offered clear evidence from student finance England. However, he still made me stressed and made me feel even more suicidal and causing my PTSD even worse.
Would I be able to take to complain and take them to court?
Thank you
Regards
Armin

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm sorry that this has caused you to feel this way. If there's a student maintenance loan available to you, it affects the amount of means tested benefits you're entitled to even if you decide not to take that loan.
    I don't think there's anything to complain about here as i'm sure they were just doing their job. As for taking them to court then i'm not sure i understand the reason why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Armin :) Welcome to the community, it's great to have you with us. 

I'm also really sorry to hear that this situation has triggered your PTSD and caused you to feel even more suicidal. I'm about to send you an email from community@scope.org.uk, so please do keep an eye out for that. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry it made you feel as it did, but as above I don't really see much to complain about.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger

There has also, and I stand to be corrected here, been no financial loss. So, what is it you think you'd be taking them to court for?

I think this is the first time i've ever disagreed with you but this time i have to. There would be a financial loss if there was a loan available to them which they didn't take because now they will have an overpayment of means tested benefits, which will need to be repaid back.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.