Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Would closing my credits only ESA claim affect PIP?
I applied for ESA and was awarded credits only as I had not worked for a few years. I ended this claim after 2 weeks as I decided it was not worth the hassle as I would have to comply with all the medicals and my objective is to get better. I felt that this would only increase my anxiety and stress levels. I also get PIP and I wondering would closing the claim effect PIP. I was awarded PIP for 10 years. I had been on ESA for 1 year and had been offered a job but unfortunately it did not work as I was not fit out and I thought the one year in ESA would have contributed on having paid enough credits but it was not the case.
- 48.2K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 135 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 614 Work and employment
- 514 Education
- 931 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 904 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 574 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 687 Autism and neurodiversity
- 816 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.