Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
Mixed age couple
I unsure if anyone will be able to help.I been on all the benefits calculator but it coming different every time.in February I will be 66 and will get sp of £192.00 a week my wife who is younger will still get her esa at £114.00 a week we are on uc and get LCWRA the moment we both get pips at higher rates and wife is blind, what I am trying to find out is will we still be able to claim uc or can we claim hb. all the benefits calculations come up with no uc payment no rent paid we will get all council tax paid.i think we are still in title to the sdp but as we get uc we can get it we are getting Transitional Element off uc but we we lose that if we can’t claim anything from uc. Any help would be welcome
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.