Online NHS Pharmacies - delivery to door — Scope | Disability forum
New to the community? Remember to read our community guidelines and our community house rules.
Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.

Online NHS Pharmacies - delivery to door

MarkM88
MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,803 Pioneering
Anyone use any of the online pharmacies? Any recommendations? There’s so many to choose from. 

Comments

• Cress
    Cress Member Posts: 937 Pioneering
    I use boots online deliveries.
    Not had a problem.
    Myself I'd be wary of using the others from reading problems with stuff not turning up but for all I know other boots customers may have had that problem.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Member Posts: 1,803 Pioneering
    Boots wouldn’t work for me according to their website because it says they can’t post out to me refrigerated items and I would need insulin. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,643 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's going to be area specific so might be worth asking some locals if possible. 

My Nan had loads of problems with boots deliveries, changed to another place and had loads of problems there as well.  Missing items, incorrect items, incorrect dosage etc.  Every delivery had to be checked very carefully.
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    I use Lloyds Pharmacy - so far, quite good
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser Posts: 312 Pioneering
    Hi all, 

No experience with online NHS pharmacies, unfortunately! However, I am wishing you all the best of luck with it @MarkN88. Thanks @Cress, @OverlyAnxious and @arbfy2 for sharing your experiences. Your experiences are invaluable. Does anyone else have any experience?
    I have expertise in the following subjects, gained through professional settings such as high level education or employment: autism spectrum disorder, dyslexia, down's syndrome, social, emotional and mental health difficulties, assistive technology and education. Pronouns: She/her.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 12,274 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't order online but boots manage my prescription each month they get prescription from gp then deliver 

Always have problems never order in time and I have to call to prompt them 
    Here to help with my experience in hunan resources and employment rights 
  • arbfy2
    arbfy2 Member Posts: 15 Connected
    Answer; change; my prescriptions are done by Lloyds Pharmacy (online) - great so far
  • Alex1970
    Alex1970 Member Posts: 21 Connected
    I use Hay Pharmacy, they used to be Co-Op. I order via the app and everything gets sorted and arrives in the post approximately 5 days later. You can set the app to send you reminders too which is handy for me as I run out sometimes.
  • mikehughescq
    mikehughescq Member Posts: 7,476 Disability Gamechanger
    Generally you will find that there is little difference. Some of that is because if you have say three pharmacies who deliver in your area then chances are it will be the same drivers working for all three of them. Our local driver works for five local pharmacies using only vehicles which belong to 2 of them and he also delivers ironing for a local company. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Member Posts: 220 Courageous
    Well Pharmacy deliver mine, no issues at all. I order on the Patient Access app and then they deliver it from my local branch 3 days later and always call on the day to double check I’m in. They do Royal Mail delivery’s too but I think you have to register online for that.
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,981 Pioneering
    edited October 6
    The pharmacy get my script from gp and get it ready for me, I've had issues where meds wernt in the bag and pharmacy say on their system its been collected, clearly not. Then I'm arguing with gp because the prescription had been sent, he's reluctant to do another one.Twice that happened with same drugs and they didn't see it as a red flag. I did say next time I would contact head office as meds don't just vanish.
    Also tried online with royal mail delivery until I realised even tho they had script it's not sent until you confirm you still want it.  :/ waste of time and as I have so many meds it's not worth the hassle.
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community Co-Production Group Posts: 1,539 Pioneering
    My local Well pharmacy deliver mine to the door within two days of ordering online from my doctors. They are very close together and they also collect the prescription, or text it through to them. So far very little problems or issues. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.

Fancy a chat in our virtual coffee lounge?

Put the kettle on and have a chat in our coffee lounge with other members. We talk about hobbies, games and anything else you can think of!

Cerebral Palsy (CP) Online Cafe

Here's a new opportunity for people with CP or a similar disability (aged 20+) to get together and chat. The sessions are in partnership with CP Sport so you can find out more and meet people from both organisations.

Are you struggling?

Read our 'Coping with stress, low mood and isolation' support thread for a run-down of ideas on how to banish those blues and feel happier.

What do you think about the community?

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community a better space for you.

Information about COVID-19

If you have questions about the virus, please read our information and support which includes guidance on benefits, getting food and essentials and Cerebral Palsy.

Back to school this September?

Read tips on how to settle back in and handle any worries you or your children might be having this new term.