do you have down days with your disability? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

do you have down days with your disability?

ellieflower3
ellieflower3 Community member Posts: 186 Courageous
no judgement just a question because I do and want to connect with as many as possible to help and get stuck in!
Lilly Josh  <3

do you have down days with your disability? 13 votes

yes
92%
aboorawoodbinelittleacornGrinchynatz2009nannymaroon[Deleted User]L_Volunteerstrawberrysherbet11sand74Glen1981ellieflower3 12 votes
no
0%
sometimes
7%
66Mustang 1 vote
depends when I wake up
0%

Comments

• ellieflower3
    yes
    thank you @Ami_Host for voting so lovely <3
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Connected
    yes
    Absolutely, I think it's normal to have days where we become so frustrated because of our limitations. It's difficult to manage your feelings about it when you're having a bad day with them, but that's ok :)
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    Ami_Host said:
    Absolutely, I think it's normal to have days where we become so frustrated because of our limitations. It's difficult to manage your feelings about it when you're having a bad day with them, but that's ok :)
    going to like your post as it's bang on correct! I find it hard to connect with others when I feel so yucky but I'm getting there
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    yes
    Hello @ellieflower3

Yes, I certainly think some days are better or worse than other days. How are you currently? It is great to see you getting involved with so much on the forum already  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    Hello @ellieflower3

Yes, I certainly think some days are better or worse than other days. How are you currently? It is great to see you getting involved with so much on the forum already  :D
    I love it! just getting the hang on things :) I'm okay, finished work today as I can't move etc but least I can still feed Teddy. How are you?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    yes
    Hi @ellieflower3

I notice a really important thing about your post! That is you are able to recognise when you are struggling and put support in place for yourself. Well done. I hope you can get the rest you need. I am okay thank you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    Hi @ellieflower3

I notice a really important thing about your post! That is you are able to recognise when you are struggling and put support in place for yourself. Well done. I hope you can get the rest you need. I am okay thank you  :)
    :) Just glad to support others
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    yes
    I can tell that you enjoy supporting others @ellieflower3. It is great, the world always benefits from people helping people. However, please know we are also here for you if you need support :)

• ellieflower3
    yes
    I can tell that you enjoy supporting others @ellieflower3. It is great, the world always benefits from people helping people. However, please know we are also here for you if you need support :)
    your very pretty also btw and thnak you
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • L_Volunteer
    yes
    Thanks @ellieflower3 :)

• ellieflower3
    yes
     :) 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    just to add hope your having a nice day
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    sometimes
    I don’t have a physical disability but I do have limitations due to my mental health problems. I sometimes feel sad that I can’t do things, more often than not it’s little things that others take for granted rather than the big things. I mean I wanted to be a pilot but have come to terms with the fact that that will not happen, but I’d call that a big thing. It is more the little things like jumping in the car and going to the shops or being able to spend a day alone at home without support that I will never accept that I can’t do. However I try to use this lack of acceptance as fuel to fight the issues and find support and hopefully get better in the future.

I hope this rambling makes sense!
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    I don’t have a physical disability but I do have limitations due to my mental health problems. I sometimes feel sad that I can’t do things, more often than not it’s little things that others take for granted rather than the big things. I mean I wanted to be a pilot but have come to terms with the fact that that will not happen, but I’d call that a big thing. It is more the little things like jumping in the car and going to the shops or being able to spend a day alone at home without support that I will never accept that I can’t do. However I try to use this lack of acceptance as fuel to fight the issues and find support and hopefully get better in the future.

sending you hugs. it's still classed a disability :) but I can't get out of bed due to a broken back so is that a disability?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    sometimes
    66Mustang said:

sending you hugs. it's still classed a disability :) but I can't get out of bed due to a broken back so is that a disability?

I don’t really know the official definition of a disability but I’m quite sure that would count. I’m sorry to hear you are in that situation, though, I’m glad you joined this forum, I think you will find it really helpful and supportive.
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    66Mustang said:

I don’t really know the official definition of a disability but I’m quite sure that would count. I’m sorry to hear you are in that situation, though, I’m glad you joined this forum, I think you will find it really helpful and supportive.
    I made a mental health thread saying why I am here! and, how are you doing today?
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    sometimes
    @ellieflower3 I will take a look at that thread

I am not too bad today, thanks, I am meant to be doing some study :D but just taking a short break to come on here for a bit. What about you?
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    @ellieflower3 I will take a look at that thread

I am not too bad today, thanks, I am meant to be doing some study :D but just taking a short break to come on here for a bit. What about you?
    tired chilling with this little dude 
    Lilly Josh  <3
  • 66Mustang
    sometimes
    Nice :) he looks comfortable there hehe
  • ellieflower3
    yes
    66Mustang said:
    Nice :) he looks comfortable there hehe
    he is on my feet lol