Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
My life seems like confusion, and I want to get to the bottom of things
Hi guys I’m new to this forum but seeking some advice really. I’m 25 but have suffered with anxiety since a child. This was all noticeable to others around the age of 14 when I was diagnosed with OCD. For the OCD I had CBT which allowed me to keep it under control but as time has gone on the focus has changed and the doctors put it down to General anxiety disorder. I’ve tried various other avenues as an adult and haven’t managed to get to the place I want to be. The doctors have put me on venaflaxine which makes me extremely tired and as a 25 year old that loves sports it’s not ideal. I have also had private councillors which have all told me different things one saying I have traits of autism and others saying I could have adhd. I’m just stuck not knowing what to do my life seems like confusion and I just finally want to get to the bottom of things and be happy with life instead of being serious all the time.
Thanks for your help in advance guys
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 658 Work and employment
- 526 Education
- 967 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 925 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 245 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 249 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 586 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 842 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.