Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Do you have a keen interest in events? Join Scope's co-production group!
Purpose of the group
Scope is planning an exciting event for 2022. To ensure we create an event that is genuinely accessible and inclusive, we want to co-produce this activity with disabled people and experts in the field of accessible and digital events. This means involving disabled people at every stage of the planning and execution – from discussing the appeal of the event, agreeing on the set-up to the logistics and delivery, including choosing a suitable venue.
We’re looking for people with a keen interest in attending and/or organising live events. Each member will have an interest in the success of our event.
It is not a requirement that you have experience in all areas outlined, but here are some examples of people we’d like represented in the group:
- Disabled people with physical impairments who regularly attend (or before Covid used to attend) in-person or virtual events
- Disabled people with hidden impairments who regularly attend (or before Covid used to attend) in-person or virtual events
- Disabled people with a keen interest in attending in-person or virtual events, but have been prevented from doing so due to inaccessibility
- Accessibility consultants, specialising in hybrid events
We anticipate group members to spend around 4 hours a month on this project for which they will be paid. Group members will be asked to initially attend 6 monthly online meetings of approximately 2 hours between November 2021 and April 2022.
We will agree on the dates and times with the group, and we’ll aim to find a regular time slot that suits everyone. You are also expected to spend up to 2 hours per month reading, reviewing and feeding back on proposals and materials.
How to get involved
If this is something you’d like to get involved with, please register your interest by emailing me at [email protected] and I can provide more details.
In your application, it would be great if you could tell me a little bit about yourself and outline how you meet some of the person-specific requirements.
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.
We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.
Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community Guidelines.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.