Access to Banking if you can't show proof of ID in branch - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Access to Banking if you can't show proof of ID in branch

Options
2»

Comments

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    Options
    This is all the same issue, society wanting to push everyone into automated ways of doing everything, when obviously those with difficulties with all of it are going be left behind, not being able to live to as full a life one can.  Like keeping the ticket offices open campaign, I posted it to linkedin with this message: "As with everything about everyone expected to understand every bit of technology. Just like on medication and everything, I realised that driving wasn't for me. On the basics of getting around and paying for things, some people will always need for it to be kept simple, person to person, physical kind of way to do things".  Same with the difficulties if we are heading for a cashless society.   The campaign to not kill cash is here:  Don't Kill cash - Sign our petition to save cash now (gbnews.com)
  • 2oldcodgers
    2oldcodgers Posts: 743 Connected
    Options
    With one bank that I approached late last year it took both of us (joint account) to visit the bank itself in order to sign and verify the documentation. They also wanted up to date quality evidence (DWP letters etc) of where we live + both of our passports.
    The whole business took over 2 hours to complete!!
    You might say that we should have gone elsewhere but I had refusals from the main street banks already.
    Reason - Nat West closed the account we had last year and Metro was the only one that would accept us.
    We both have excellent credit rating, have no criminal record etc.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.