Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Severe disability premium confused
Hello everybody i receive pip both enhanced my daughter now looks after me i live with my 28 yr old son recently put in for carers and awaiting reply i had a letter off dwp saying my esa could be effected i rang spoke to a someone to see he told me no it wouldnt as i receive enhanced disability then told me that i could get severe disability as long as not got carers i told him daughter put in for carers he then said there is a few months outstanding where i can put in for severe disability backpay i said i thought you had to live alone he said not necessarily he then said we can do it now so i did and he said its sent to the relevant people bit confused but see how it goes and let you know
- 49.2K All Categories
- 9.8K Start here and say hello!
- 4K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 135 Community updates
- 11.5K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 656 Work and employment
- 525 Education
- 964 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 924 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 244 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 248 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.4K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.4K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.6K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 585 Chronic pain and pain management
- 648 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 702 Autism and neurodiversity
- 840 Mental health and wellbeing
- 287 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.