Hello, I’m new and looking for friends — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, I’m new and looking for friends

sea_shell123
sea_shell123 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi
Due to my disability I am very socially isolated and I am looking to meet some friends. I am very anxious about this as I have never tried anything like this before. 
I am 23 and from Merseyside. 

Comments

• sea_shell123
    How do I go about meeting friends here ? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

It is a place you can make friends but the site isn't a chat room as such and is only virtual 

Join in with the discussions you may find the coffee lounge section a good place to start 
  • sea_shell123
    Okays, thank you for the help 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sea_shell123

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I hope you can make friends here on Scope's forum. As the wonderful @Teddybear12 and @janer1967 have already said, we are a supportive and friendly group, and feel free to get involved in any of our discussions you find interesting! Would you like to start by telling us more about your motivations for joining Scope's forum and your interests? This could help us to signpost you to areas of the forum you may find particularly useful  :D
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
     @sea_shell123 
    Hello I would welcome you to the scope online community as well@globster

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• sea_shell123
    I am just looking to make friends but I don’t know how to. I’m interested in football, crafts and tv 
  • Globster
    Globster Community member, Community Volunteer Host, CP Network, Scope Member Posts: 2,355 Disability Gamechanger
    @sea_shell123
    That great to hear you like football, which football do you support?
    What crafts do you like doing?
    We also make predictions of some chosen football matches where we try to predict the scores correctly for a bit of fun.
    We also have cp cafe online every two weeks I am sure at Richard_Scope would be happier to give you  more information about Cp online cafe if that is something that could interest you@sea_shell123
    I share some own poetry I write on the online scope community 

I am a Community Volunteer Host. Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sea_shell123 it's lovely to meet you! As @Globster has mentioned our football predictions thread is a bit of competitive fun, if you fancy. There's also an amazing gallery where members can share their own artwork, crafts and photos. 

There's lots to explore in the Coffee Lounge, it's the best place to get to know people. What TV do you like watching? 

Do let us know if you have any questions, I'm sure you can see we're happy to help :)

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sammac
    Sammac Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Would you be interested in a chat?
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    We are always interested in a chat @Sammac. What would you like to chat to us about today?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.