Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Is it OK for a mum to ask an adult child to pay rent money out of their PIP? Could the child get UC?
Please i don't want no attacks with my question i have... So if someone has benefits, and there adult child is only getting pip, and that persons child's just come back home to live. and the mother makes the child/ 20 year old give the mum money out her pip is that ok? Or should the 20 year old. Be entitled to like UC? Something like that before going to collage the 20 year old was on UC. Its just a question. As to the mum having rent board money isn't that the local council they would have to pay. Please be kind im only asking ??
- 50.2K All Categories
- 9.9K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 679 Work and employment
- 538 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 948 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 255 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.8K Talk about money
- 1.8K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.6K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.7K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 611 Chronic pain and pain management
- 666 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 721 Autism and neurodiversity
- 869 Mental health and wellbeing
- 290 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.