Are you feeling okay today? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you feeling okay today?

Rosie2x
Rosie2x Posts: 105 Connected
Answer truthful! As I can support you best 

Are you feeling okay today? 8 votes

Yes
25%
easyTori_Scope 2 votes
Maybe
12%
Rosie2x 1 vote
Sometimes
12%
urbanenergi 1 vote
I am not sure
12%
Victor 1 vote
Yes I need to talk
0%
No I'm happy
0%
Um I am struggling
25%
natz2009SparklySue 2 votes
Please just leave me be
12%
FireTiger 1 vote

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes
    I'm feeling okay today thanks @Rosie2x :) 

Do you have any ideas on what you could do to bump yourself from a 'maybe' to a 'yes'? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    I'm feeling okay today thanks @Rosie2x :) 

Do you have any ideas on what you could do to bump yourself from a 'maybe' to a 'yes'? 
    Not really sure! Bit stressed!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry to hear that @Rosie2x, is there anything that you normally do to relax in the moments when you are stressed? Such as watch a film or listen to music.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • urbanenergi
    urbanenergi Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Sometimes
    I think most of us has stressful moments me included but try hard to not let it ruin my day too much, the cold weather isn’t helping (despite being a winter born baby I hate it ?) pain levels are up. My go to is definitely headphones on & music or find something else to do even a bit of cleaning as when body permits. It’s even ok not to be ok at times. Sending out some virtual sunshine ☀️☀️☀️☀️ even if the skies grey where I am atm. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello all, 

Thanks @Rosie2x for initiating this thread, such a great idea! I know many people will probably benefit from seeing this thread. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel stressed? 

Also, sorry to hear your pain levels are up @urbanenergi. How do you usually manage your pain levels? I know for me, with fibromyalgia, heat tends to be my best friend for managing pain levels! Music is always an uplifter for me too. 

And what a beautiful and true phrase "It's even ok not to be ok at times". It really is, what matters the most is "fall down seven times, stand up eight". 

We all got this even when we have more clouds in our sky than usual  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    Hello all, 

Thanks @Rosie2x for initiating this thread, such a great idea! I know many people will probably benefit from seeing this thread. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel stressed? 

Also, sorry to hear your pain levels are up @urbanenergi. How do you usually manage your pain levels? I know for me, with fibromyalgia, heat tends to be my best friend for managing pain levels! Music is always an uplifter for me too. 

And what a beautiful and true phrase "It's even ok not to be ok at times". It really is, what matters the most is "fall down seven times, stand up eight". 

We all got this even when we have more clouds in our sky than usual  <3
    Life in general and the way its really **** to live in!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @Rosie2x

Thank you for your response, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about things at the moment, what is causing you to feel like this?

If you are finding things a CHALLENGE at the moment with your mental health, it might be worth speaking with your GP about how you feel to see if they can support you at all, or possibly even a family member or a friend. 

Mind have an information page here than contains some coping techniques, I would recommend giving it a read. Do you have any hobbies or interests that you could do to help make you feel better?

We will always be here to support you on the community as well, and if you ever want to have a chat privately our inbox is always open at community@scope.org.uk. 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

Thank you for your response, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way about things at the moment, what is causing you to feel like this?

If you are finding things a CHALLENGE at the moment with your mental health, it might be worth speaking with your GP about how you feel to see if they can support you at all, or possibly even a family member or a friend. 

Mind have an information page here than contains some coping techniques, I would recommend giving it a read. Do you have any hobbies or interests that you could do to help make you feel better?

We will always be here to support you on the community as well, and if you ever want to have a chat privately our inbox is always open at community@scope.org.uk. 
    Just give up!
  • Ross_Alumni
    Hi @Rosie2x

I'm sorry to hear that. I have responded to you on this other thread that you recently created, it would be great if you could give it a read. We would really like to support you.

• urbanenergi
    urbanenergi Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Sometimes
    @L_Volunteer I usually manage with heat pads but mine has died so need another it needs to be on my Santa list.  altho it’s shooting pains on my damaged sciatic nerve it comes on without warning sometimes. I’ve taken my mind off it by being productive sorting my cv out. Walking is off the cards today ?. 

@Rosie2x I do agree life can be somewhat frustrating to put politely I’ve had a few days of that. Talking about it helps but if not I’ll send you a virtual hug instead ? 
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    @L_Volunteer I usually manage with heat pads but mine has died so need another it needs to be on my Santa list.  altho it’s shooting pains on my damaged sciatic nerve it comes on without warning sometimes. I’ve taken my mind off it by being productive sorting my cv out. Walking is off the cards today ?. 

@Rosie2x I do agree life can be somewhat frustrating to put politely I’ve had a few days of that. Talking about it helps but if not I’ll send you a virtual hug instead ? 
    Cheers! Such a kind soul
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe

@Rosie2x I do agree life can be somewhat frustrating to put politely I’ve had a few days of that. Ross_Scope said:
    Hi @Rosie2x

I'm sorry to hear that. I have responded to you on this other thread that you recently created, it would be great if you could give it a read. We would really like to support you.
    I replied
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

I replied.
  • Ross_Alumni
    I will be in touch via email @Rosie2x, thank you for replying :) 

• Rosie2x
    Maybe
    I replied but got no reply back!
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Rosie2x said:
    I replied but got no reply back!
    Hi @Rosie2x :) 

How are you today? 

I just wanted to check when and where you sent the message to? We've just checked our systems and we can't seem to find a message from you?
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • SparklySue
    SparklySue Community member Posts: 18 Connected
    Um I am struggling
    All this uncertainty about a new variant which might beat the vaccines and possibly put us back into lockdown is making me very anxious. I was due to be reunited with my daughter after two years after she and her partner kindly paid for a ticket for me to fly out to Sydney on Boxing Day.  Now, that all looks very uncertain.  It's breaking my heart if I'm honest.  Also, I am waiting for the result of a womb biopsy which I was told would take 2 to 3 weeks, but it's now going into the fifth week.  This is making me even more anxious.  Hate this!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. However, recognising you are struggling is such a huge step forward in the right direction. I don't accept giving up as a response because I know how determined you all are! It might just mean taking smaller steps forwards and extra self-care. As @urbanenergi said, if talking helps, we are here for you but if not we are sending hugs your way. 

Thanks @urbanenergi for continuing to be super supportive to others even though you are in pain yourself. Your efforts have been seen and heard and are appreciated. I hope your pain levels are more manageable soon. Heating pads sound like a great idea! How did the CV sorting go for you?

I think it is great that you are both able to recognise how you feel, the same with @SparklySue. Recognising how we are feeling and why we are feeling that way is the first step in recognising how we can feel better.

I am really sorry to hear you feel that way though @SparklySue, it is difficult when we feel uncertainty, especially when we are already going through difficult things. I really hope you get to see your daughter on boxing day. However, if that were to not happen, do you have a backup plan? For example, when could you see her again, and how could you still spend time with her on boxing day (for example, a video or telephone call). Best of luck with your biopsy! Please feel free to let us know how you get on.

Keep going all, we are all here for each and every one of you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Hi @SparklySue

I can understand why you might be feeling a little anxious towards the news at the moment. It's a time of uncertainty and sometimes things can seem a little out of our control. However, if you can try and focus on the things that you can control, like still speaking to your daughter over the phone etc, hopefully that should help :). Have you spoken to your GP about how you're currently feeling? I'll be thinking of you and I really hope you can spend the Christmas period over in Sydney. 

I'm sorry that your womb biopsies are taking that length of time. It might be worthwhile ringing your GP or the hospital to enquire about your results. I know from personal experience, they've sometimes had my results for a while, but have forgotten to ring me back. It's probably worthwhile just chasing them to see if they have yours available :)

If we can help in any other way, please just let us know.
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Rosie2x
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment. However, recognising you are struggling is such a huge step forward in the right direction. I don't accept giving up as a response because I know how determined you all are! It might just mean taking smaller steps forwards and extra self-care. As @urbanenergi said, if talking helps, we are here for you but if not we are sending hugs your way. 

Thanks @urbanenergi for continuing to be super supportive to others even though you are in pain yourself. Your efforts have been seen and heard and are appreciated. I hope your pain levels are more manageable soon. Heating pads sound like a great idea! How did the CV sorting go for you?

I think it is great that you are both able to recognise how you feel, the same with @SparklySue. Recognising how we are feeling and why we are feeling that way is the first step in recognising how we can feel better.

I am really sorry to hear you feel that way though @SparklySue, it is difficult when we feel uncertainty, especially when we are already going through difficult things. I really hope you get to see your daughter on boxing day. However, if that were to not happen, do you have a backup plan? For example, when could you see her again, and how could you still spend time with her on boxing day (for example, a video or telephone call). Best of luck with your biopsy! Please feel free to let us know how you get on.

Keep going all, we are all here for each and every one of you  :)
    I just want to die

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.