Are you feeling okay today? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Are you feeling okay today?

Options

Comments

• Rosie2x
    Rosie2x Posts: 105 Connected
    Options
    Maybe
    I got surgery soon and no one cares.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way right now. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel this way? If you need immediate help, please call 999. If you would like further but less urgent support, please remember you can always reach out to community@scope.org.uk, Samaritans, and Shout. I have listed the contact details for Samaritans and Shout below in case you find either of these external services beneficial. 

Samaritans:

Call 116 123

Email jo@samaritans.org

Shout

Text 85258

https://giveusashout.org/get-help/
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Rosie2x said:
    I care! And I am sending you well wishes. How are you feeling about your surgery?
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way right now. Would you like to discuss what is making you feel this way? If you need immediate help, please call 999. If you would like further but less urgent support, please remember you can always reach out to community@scope.org.uk, Samaritans, and Shout. I have listed the contact details for Samaritans and Shout below in case you find either of these external services beneficial. 

Samaritans:

Call 116 123

Email jo@samaritans.org

Shout

Text 85258

https://giveusashout.org/get-help/
    Everyone seems to use me, and target me and I am no help to anyone. I'm better of dead.
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Rosie2x said:
    I care! And I am sending you well wishes. How are you feeling about your surgery?
    Scared. But its for the best.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yes
    We care @Rosie2x :) 

Your email got stuck in our spam filter for some reason, which is why we couldn't see your reply. I'm about to reply now. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe

Your email got stuck in our spam filter for some reason, which is why we couldn't see your reply. I'm about to reply now. 
    OK.  That's weird. But thanks
  • Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    We do all care @Rosie2x and we are here for you :) 

I can understand why you might be scared for surgery, but you have such a great outlook, as it will be for the best, and will hopefully provide you a better quality of life once it's done. 
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. You clearly are of help to people though. For example, I have already seen you make friendly communication with our community members which is always helpful and appreciated! You seem really kind but you do indeed need to have boundaries with people. Though, when people use us, it is more of a reflection of them than us. It seems dark right now but there will be sunshine behind all those clouds and we will walk beside you until you see the light again. 

I am sorry to hear you are feeling scared. Is there a specific aspect of the surgery that is making you feel scared? I am glad to hear you also recognise it is for the best and it is to make you feel better (at least in the long-term!)  <3

• urbanenergi
    urbanenergi Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Options
    Sometimes
    @L_Volunteer thank you means a lot to be able to help anyone. Yeh my cv is looking a lot better now even though I have writer’s cramp shows how productive I’ve been ?. It’s even colder today both my hips are not my friends I made them move ? my sense of humour gets me through luckily. 

@Rosie2x I hope today is a little easier you are on my mind today ?

@SparklySue I totally understand just found out about this new variant it is worrying. I’m vaccinated twice & due for my booster soon, even shielding didn’t protect me from covid last month, yet none of my household who were out working caught it ??‍♀️ . Fortunately I recovered without need for hospital & completed an Oxford uni medical trial during recovery which helped. I hope the results prove positive enough to roll it out. It won’t stop covid but help recover from symptoms especially being asthmatic as well. My antibody test confirmed I had been asymptomatic before the recent one & that I had antibodies from vaccine. Looks like Charles Darwin had a point about biological evolution. We will have to live with this for the foreseeable like we do for flu ?. 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Rosie2x said:

It is weird, isn't it! That's the technology for you though, unfortunately. I often notice that at least when people email me for the first time, they tend to get sent to my promotions or spam folder even if their emails really should be going to be inbox! The most important thing though is that you have now been seen and heard and we are here for you because the team conquered their way through the tech!  :D

• Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

I am really sorry to hear you feel this way. You clearly are of help to people though. For example, I have already seen you make friendly communication with our community members which is always helpful and appreciated! You seem really kind but you do indeed need to have boundaries with people. Though, when people use us, it is more of a reflection of them than us. It seems dark right now but there will be sunshine behind all those clouds and we will walk beside you until you see the light again. 

I am sorry to hear you are feeling scared. Is there a specific aspect of the surgery that is making you feel scared? I am glad to hear you also recognise it is for the best and it is to make you feel better (at least in the long-term!)  <3
    I just afraid I might die!
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    We do all care @Rosie2x and we are here for you :) 

I can understand why you might be scared for surgery, but you have such a great outlook, as it will be for the best, and will hopefully provide you a better quality of life once it's done. 
    Thanks 
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Rosie2x said:

It is weird, isn't it! That's the technology for you though, unfortunately. I often notice that at least when people email me for the first time, they tend to get sent to my promotions or spam folder even if their emails really should be going to be inbox! The most important thing though is that you have now been seen and heard and we are here for you because the team conquered their way through the tech!  :D
    Haha! Thanks
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    @L_Volunteer thank you means a lot to be able to help anyone. Yeh my cv is looking a lot better now even though I have writer’s cramp shows how productive I’ve been ?. It’s even colder today both my hips are not my friends I made them move ? my sense of humour gets me through luckily. 

@Rosie2x I hope today is a little easier you are on my mind today ?

@SparklySue I totally understand just found out about this new variant it is worrying. I’m vaccinated twice & due for my booster soon, even shielding didn’t protect me from covid last month, yet none of my household who were out working caught it ??‍♀️ . Fortunately I recovered without need for hospital & completed an Oxford uni medical trial during recovery which helped. I hope the results prove positive enough to roll it out. It won’t stop covid but help recover from symptoms especially being asthmatic as well. My antibody test confirmed I had been asymptomatic before the recent one & that I had antibodies from vaccine. Looks like Charles Darwin had a point about biological evolution. We will have to live with this for the foreseeable like we do for flu ?. 

Hi @urbanenergi

Aww, you are really lovely! Thanks for spreading your kindness with us. It sounds like you have put so much work into your CV recently, well done. You prompted me that I probably should be looking at my CV again soon too. Your humour is great, I often find humour is what gets me through too. Make sure you rest though!  :D

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @Rosie2x

You are more than welcome. I am glad to hear I managed to make you chuckle!

I hear your concerns but please keep going. Have you managed to talk to the person/people doing your surgery about your concerns? Hopefully, they might be able to put your mind at ease  :)

• Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Hi @Rosie2x

You are more than welcome. I am glad to hear I managed to make you chuckle!

I hear your concerns but please keep going. Have you managed to talk to the person/people doing your surgery about your concerns? Hopefully, they might be able to put your mind at ease  :)
    Lmao♡ your awesome!! And, yes I have! 
  • L_Volunteer
    edited November 2021
    Options
    Thanks @Rosie2x <3

Unfortunately, I won't be here over the weekend. However, I will be back on Monday and I only want to hear positive things about and from you so make sure you keep looking on the pro side. Keep your chin up  :)

What did they say about your concerns?

• Libby_Alumni
    Libby_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,251 Pioneering
    Options
    Rosie2x said:
    Lmao♡ your awesome!! And, yes I have! 
    This is great news, @Rosie2x :) I hope they've been able to reassure you and let you know that you'll be in great hands!
    Online Community Information Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did we do a good job at answering your queries or concerns? If so, complete our feedback form now. 
  • Rosie2x
    Options
    Maybe
    Thanks @Rosie2x <3

Unfortunately, I won't be here over the weekend. However, I will be back on Monday and I only want to hear positive things about and from you so make sure you keep looking on the pro side. Keep your chin up  :)

What did they say about your concerns?

Their so nice about it

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.