Change in health conditions — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Change in health conditions

Joanne99 Member Posts: 17 Listener
Evening  does anyone know  how long change in health  conditions  takes for pip if there was a time scale please


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 13,329 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

    There are no fixed timescales and currently with huge backlogs it can be a long wait people are waiting for 6 months or longer for assessments 

    Depends on your area and the backlogs 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Member Posts: 25,627 Disability Gamechanger
    The majority of people have assessments, which will be either telephone or face to face. Paper based assessments are rare but possible. If an assessment is needed you will be contacted once an appointment date becomes available.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    My experience was sent form off around 9th August..heard nothing so was going to ring to make they had received form in mid October when my pip payment suddenly increased, decision letter arrived a couple of days assessment (thankfully) from sending form to decision letter was around 9 weeks..I might just have been lucky!
  • Joanne99
    Joanne99 Member Posts: 17 Listener
    I've enclosed doctors letter about change too hopefully same sanario  then fingers crossed with evidence 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 6,088 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be noted that a change in "health"condition might not be relevant if it's for PIP as it's not about your health but your daily living and or mobility.
    A GP's letter also is not often that useful as they rarely know how your daily living is affected even though they may know what your medical condition is.
    However having said all that I hope it goes well.
    Be kind to newer members


Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.