£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus

Options

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    No one can get prices for a new contract below the price cap at the moment. Sounds like excessive use of gas.
    Yeah I didn’t think that through really did I? Haha. Sounds crazy amounts of gas. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,623 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I'll probably give mine to charity this year.  Looks like that's more common than I was expecting!  :)
  • tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    Can you all donate your money to me please?
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,753 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'll donate mine to your cat that's like charity as I don't think your cat eating slowly is gonna work, going from mine who ate on demand and didn't adhere to twice daily nonsense  :)
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    Sandy_123 said:
    I'll donate mine to your cat that's like charity as I don't think your cat eating slowly is gonna work, going from mine who ate on demand and didn't adhere to twice daily nonsense  :)
     ;) 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The gas I have now is cheaper than before I paid 1200.00 for a months gas in my old house waiting for the nest scheme to come and do my assessment the boiler works but is over 10years old my gas is heating is on 30degrees all day and there ate 8 radiators and two gas fires on from 6am untill mum goes to bed at 11pm 

Energy company said it will be cheaper to go on a pay as you go smart meter which I am going to do 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The gas I have now is cheaper than before I paid 1200.00 for a months gas in my old house waiting for the nest scheme to come and do my assessment the boiler works but is over 10years old my gas is heating is on 30degrees all day and there ate 8 radiators and two gas fires on from 6am untill mum goes to bed at 11pm 

Energy company said it will be cheaper to go on a pay as you go smart meter which I am going to do 

Hmm in another comment on this thread you said it was on all day and all night most days... £1,200 for a month's gas, how is that even possible?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tcellmutation
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hmm in another comment on this thread you said it was on all day and all night most days... £1,200 for a month's gas, how is that even possible?
    [Removed by moderator]. We should all just take time think about her feelings and mental health status before pointing out holes in the stories she tells
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Excuse me I lived in my other house with faulty gas and the chimney fell down which is why we had to leave yes the heating is on all day and all night because my mum is cold how dies that make me have a personality disorder 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I am now moveing to a pay as you go tariff with a different company 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,753 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I use pay as u go with a meter because it saves big bills arriving in the post, it works out better for me even tho there is a charge to pay that way. Mines not a smart meter tho.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    When mum gets up at night she puts the heating back on she might have dementia but she still gets cold 
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    When mum gets up at night she puts the heating back on she might have dementia but she still gets cold 
    Why does she get up to turn it on if it's always on because she's always cold?  :wink:
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Because we go to bed at 11pm and I turn it off and when I have gone to bed she gets up and puts it back on when she lived in her own house she had it on all the time none stop even in the summer 

She came to live with me for a bit before and all my bills were high then she went to live with my brother for 11 months and he couldn't cope because she did the same in his house and they have an 8 bedroom house with 14 radiators  and mum had a gas fire in her bedroom which she kept putting on and set fire to the bedroom 

She now lives with me because she is  in the final stages of dementia she can't turn the gas fires on in my house because she doesn't know how but turns the thermostat on the landing so the heating goes back on 

My mum thinks she pays all the bills and thst my house is hers she has run my phone bill up to 163.00 its not easy 

The nest scheme is a government scheme in wales that comes out and does an assessment on boilers my boiler is using to much gas any way so will be replaced and so will my radiators which will be done hopefuly before Xmas 

So then I will have a pay as you go meter with another company which is cheaper so my heating is on all day everyday basically as mum puts it back on 

Hope this explains the situation I also work so can't always control what is happening with the heating 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    The carers do what mum asks when I am in work the problem is she isnt cold her brain thinks she is her face is red and the sweat is running down her face but she says she is cold in the Sumner she puts a jumper on and her coat because of her dementia she has lots of problems dhe always feels cold she is never hungry or thirsty she can't smell or taste  she doesn't know the time of day year or month she doesnt always know who I am I have to help her wash and dress other wise dhe wouldn't do it she can't be left on her own at all where ever I go she goes unless I am working and mum has to pay for her own care which my brother deals with as he is power of attorney he will only pay the care out of mums money I pay gas electric council tax phone bills food bills etc 

So there we are at least its cleared my head now and explained everything I feel better now 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2021
    Options
    lisathomas50 said:...my gas is heating is on 30degrees all day ..
    Quite apart from the time being based on 30 degrees is absurd. Would you be able to turn the target temperature down without her resetting it? (It all sounds very stressful.)

EDIT - just see no you’re post in another thread saying you are going to put a locked box around the controls. Hope that works.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tcellmutation :) Just to let you know, I removed a small section of your comment. I'm sure there wasn't any ill-intent behind it, but it could easily have been taken the wrong way. 

I hope that you manage to get your heating situation sorted @lisathomas50. I agree with calcotti that a locked box around the controls sounds like a good idea, as you'll still be able to ensure that your mum stays warm, without her getting too hot or ramping your energy bills up. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Thank you my partner said he would put a lock box around the thermostat things are difficult and stressful mum is a non dependent that's what they class ger as my brother is power of attorney I get no money for my mum my brother pays mums care out of her money and gives mum 60.00 a week pocket money I pay for everything else 

My brothers words she is my mum not an income so I don't get anything 

Once the gas problem is sorted all will be good I hope I am managing but I worry about bills 
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    Not received my £10 bonus yet. I didn’t have any qualifying benefits go into my account during the first full week of Dec (6th - 11th) so maybe I won’t get the bonus?

People have to have had a qualifying benefit in the first full week of Dec to qualify for it?

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,348 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not receiving money into your bank during the qualifying week does not mean you don't qualify. Providing you're claiming one of the qualifying benefits during the qualifying week will qualify you.
    As previously advised, it's paid sometime in December and everyone will receive it at different dates. Myself and my daughter haven't received it yet. Try to relax it's £10, you will receive it eventually.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.