£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

£10 Christmas Benefit Bonus

Options

Comments

• tcellmutation
    tcellmutation Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    Options
    Not receiving money into your bank during the qualifying week does not mean you don't qualify. Providing you're claiming one of the qualifying benefits during the qualifying week will qualify you.
    As previously advised, it's paid sometime in December and everyone will receive it at different dates. Myself and my daughter haven't received it yet. Try to relax it's £10, you will receive it eventually.

I just need £10 man
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Yay gas and electric sorted stayingbon a normal meter gone with Scottish Power 105.00 a month fixed rate until 2024 mum cant get to the thermostat now so all sorted and aside for the winter fuel scheme with local counciol get 100  00 towards your bill so happy now 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    I just need £10 man
    You will get it in December like already advised. Unfortunately you can’t make them pay it any quicker. 
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    MarkM88 said:
    I just need £10 man
    You will get it in December like already advised. Unfortunately you can’t make them pay it any quicker. 
    This government honestly! Every year I wait for my £10 bonus but it’s always late. I’m so done with this government! Appalling service!
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,290 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's not late. The qualifying week doesn't mean you'll receive it that week. It can be anytime from now until the end of December. Remember, you're not the only person that's entitled to it and we all have to wait.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • MarkM88
    Options
    This government honestly! Every year I wait for my £10 bonus but it’s always late. I’m so done with this government! Appalling service!
    It’s not late though. 
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    I’m done! I’m leaving the country
  • MarkM88
    edited December 2021
    Options
    I’m done! I’m leaving the country
    Bit extreme over £10. You still have quite a few days to receive it. 
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Just thought I’d jump on and say I got mine on Monday this week, I was expecting last week but wasn’t bothered because I knew it’d come. I’m not due a payment till Friday either so was nice for it to come in separate lol.
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    bg844 said:
    Just thought I’d jump on and say I got mine on Monday this week, I was expecting last week but wasn’t bothered because I knew it’d come. I’m not due a payment till Friday either so was nice for it to come in separate lol.
    Flip sale. I hate my life!
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    In other news, woke up to a new mole on hand…

Hmmm
  • bg844
    Options
    bg844 said:
    Flip sale. I hate my life!
    It’ll come don’t worry, if not in by the end of this week ring them on Monday if you’re so concerned.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    This week I witnessed a woman break down in full, heart-wrenching sobs of gratitude over someone letting her keep £6 change from a copy of the Big Issue. 
    She broke down in the middle of a busy high street and cried, hugging the donor and explaining that they don't know how much it meant. 

Please remember that while £10 may not seem a lot to some of us, it can mean the world of difference to another. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    bg844 said: if not in by the end of this week ring them on Monday if you’re so concerned.
    Can't see that ringing will achieve anything other than divert whoever answers the phone from hewing somebody else. The bonus payments are presumably processed automatically.

As advised several times the payment is not yet late.
    https://www.gov.uk/christmas-bonus
    The Christmas Bonus is a one-off tax-free £10 payment made before Christmas. 
    There are still 10 days to go before it is late.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It may only be £10 but everyone is lucky to get even that a lot of the people who are working don't get any Christmas bonus 
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    But what about my mole?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    But what about my mole?
    If you are concerned about your mole you need to seek medical advice.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • bg844
    Options
    Yes and as I’ve said before mine has already been donated to a local food bank with a little extra which isn’t only providing a Christmas dinner and presents to homeless but low income families and as far as I am aware 5 families who have parents which work are attending, I seen the appeal on Facebook. Disgrace we live in this kind of world and even worse if wages aren’t covering the cost of living, I doubt the increase in wages and benefits next year will do much either with the cost of energy, council tax and the new NI rises. I am lucky as I will be in the position to afford food, gas & electricity and afford to have a roof over my head and TV & WiFi. I’ll always back these causes that help the poor since we can all unfortunately slip through the net and end up like that ourselves.
  • tcellmutation
    Options
    calcotti said:
    But what about my mole?
    If you are concerned about your mole you need to seek medical advice.

Oh
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tcellmutation

How are you getting on? Is your mole still causing you some concern? As mentioned earlier on this thread, it might be worth speaking with your GP if you are worried about it. There is also an NHS page here about moles, which contains some useful guidance.

I hope you receive your £10 bonus soon, it seems as though you're extremely keen to get hold of it. Is there any particular reason why that is, or do you just want it out of the way so you don't need to worry about getting it paid in?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.