Help, really confused. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help, really confused.

DEE9999
DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
Hello, please help. I sent my forms back to PIP for reassessment via Special Delivery, to Wolverhampton and PIPs mailing centre WV98 1AB, and seen on the tracking that it arrived and signed for at North West Midlands mailing department in Wolverhampton, which is a different post code WV1 1AA. I don't understand.... 😔

Comments

• DEE9999
    I have kept copies. So does this mean that PIP won't receive it now? 
  • DEE9999
    Mine was signed for by someone at North West Midlands mailing centre. 
  • DEE9999
    I'm REALLY worried they won't get it now and when i get scared, i start to harm myself. 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    DEE9999 said:
    I have kept copies. So does this mean that PIP won't receive it now? 
    No it doesn't - as Mike explained all DWP post goes to dedicated sorting offices. However DWP themselves do not receive it until it has been processed at the sorting office and scanned onto the computer system.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • DEE9999
    It's been received by North West Midlands Royal mail, signed for by someone there. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    If you sent it to the address that was on the form you had then that's correct.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • DEE9999
    @calcotti hi, sorry, i found mike's tone quite abrupt under the circumstances. I'm very upset by it all. 
  • DEE9999
    @poppy123456 hi poppy, but it was signed for by North West Midlands mailing department, even though the post code is different. 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2022
    Yes as MIke has explained it's someone from a mail sorting office that signs for DWP post and not DWP theirself.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    I have always sent my stuff to DWP next day delivery and it’s always arrived, so please don’t worry x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @DEE9999 I'm sorry to hear you're feeling worried and upset, and about what happens when you get scared. If you ever feel in danger of hurting yourself it's important to please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away. 

Can I ask what support you're receiving for your mental health at the moment? Is this something you've spoken to your GP about? 

Thanks for reaching out to ask about your post, I can understand it's confusing when you're expecting to see one thing, and something else comes up. I hope we can reassure you that the forms you've sent are well on the way, and should arrive with the DWP in due course. If you can, try not to dwell on it, and focus on something you find relaxing, or that makes you feel happy.

I know that sometimes replies can come across as abrupt, and I'm sure there's no ill intent behind it. I'd just like to add a reminder that i
    t's good to be mindful of the language we use and how that might make someone feel, especially during a difficult time. 

If you feel like you need any extra support @DEE9999 then please let us know, we're here to support you.

Alex

Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DEE9999
    Hello Alex, I've calmed down a little now. I have severe EUPD amongst other things, and won't go into detail, and have harmed myself in the past. I've been treated very rudly over on PIP Facebook page, adamant that Wolverhampton Post office is the DWP and, unlike yourselves on here, they don't understand that someone collects them on DWP behalf from there as it's a PO address. They really upset me as i explained that it is ROYAL MAIL that it arrived at but they don't care. I then came here and the initial response was quite abrupt and frightened me that all my efforts were pointless. 😔
  • poppy123456
    I don't see any abrupt reply here. It's extremely difficult to read a tone through a text and it can often be taken the wrong way, when no harm was meant by it at all. Just a straight to the point reply.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,979 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DEE9999

I am really sorry to hear you feel you have been treated this way. You are already going through a tough time. A listening ear and virtual arms for hugs are necessary and what you deserve.

Sometimes though when it is typed people just put what they think and do not know how it may be interpreted when it is read, unfortunately. We are here for you, care about you, and will help you in any way we can  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • DEE9999
    @L_Volunteer thank you for your nice response. And @Alex_Scope. Now @poppy123456 has upset me too with her response and I've shown two friends both her recent response and Mike's initial response and they agreed that they are quite rude in their tone. Thought people where supposed to be kind! 
  • poppy123456
    edited January 2022
    I'm not sure how it's upset you. No offence was intended from my end, that's for sure. This proves how easy it is to mis-read a comment.
  • Alex_Alumni
    I'm glad to hear you've calmed down a little @DEE9999, thank you for explaining things to me, that's very helpful. It's also good you've got the support of friends to help you in what can be a very stressful time, applying for PIP. 

Perhaps take some time away from the computer screen for a bit, and have a chat to your friends about something else. Maybe go for a walk if the weather isn't too chilly. I know your efforts are certainly not pointless, as you've done everything you need to do in this process. You deserve to take some time away from it all, even if that's hard to do.

And remember, if you do feel like we can offer any additional support, please just ask :)
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

• DEE9999
    @Alex_Scope you're so kind, thank you 😊 
  • Alex_Alumni
    That's quite alright @DEE9999, when you've taken a break and you're happy to come back to the computer, Mind is an organisation with some really useful resources on getting help for coping with self harm if you want to take a look.
    Scope

• DEE9999
    @Alex_Scope I'm under two psychiatrists because i have severe illnesses but thank you 😊 
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.