Help, really confused. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help, really confused.

Options
2»

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DEE9999 - I do hope the replies above have reassured you that your PIP form will get through to the DWP, it can just take a little time.

In the future, just get a free Certificate of Posting from your Post Office. Everyone's situation is different, but bearing in mind other members may read this post, this is why it's mentioned that sending post by a recorded delivery isn't needed. Many people on benefits can ill afford such extra amounts, so this comment is meant to help not just yourself, but others.

I can assure that everyone that has commented is trying to help, & looking back, I can see how much Poppy has previously helped you, for which you thanked her. Also bearing in mind that Poppy, Mike & calcotti try to help as many members as possible, then some of their answers will be short, but lengthier when more detail is needed. I hope that helps explain a little. My best wishes.
  • DEE9999
    DEE9999 Community member Posts: 72 Connected
    Options
    @chiarieds i don't like that you're looking back at previous posts to justify poppies recent responses. Upset me again. Covering for one another. You really don't understand mental illness if this is how you treat me. @Alex_Scope I'm really upset again. I don't think I'm welcome here. Please delete this. I won't be coming here for help ever again. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,286 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Looking back a members previous posts often helps, especially when trying to advise people. I very often do this because it can be extremely difficult to advise sometimes especially if someone hasn't given enough of information. No one is covering for anyone here.
    I fully understand mental health as suffered with it myself for decades and my daughter also suffers with it. No one said you're not welcome here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I can only apologise that my comment too has caused unintentional upset. You are certainly most welcome here.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @DEE9999 I'm really sorry to read you're feeling upset again. It's nobody's intention to do that at all. It's a very difficult time of year for everyone, and sometimes wires can get crossed. I'm sure all our members are looking to help advise and support you, and you are very welcome and valued here :) 

When we're already feeling anxious, it's easy to let things overwhelm us. Do your best to take a break from the computer for today and give yourself some space and time to feel better. What are some of your favourite things to do to help you with that? Some people like to use meditation, or deep breathing exercises.

See if you can spend time looking after yourself, and if you still feel the same about deleting this later on, you can let me know.  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • DuffersMum
    DuffersMum Community member Posts: 196 Pioneering
    Options
    Some comments can come across not in the manner they are intended..that’s the problem with the written word..I’m sure everything will arrive where it is supposed to in the end x
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Closed this thread as the OP's query has earlier been answered.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.