Assesment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assesment

Options

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi @Eyates02

Thanks for your kind response. I am really glad you have found us nice and supportive. You deserve to feel supported, everyone does. Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else or just want a chat about something!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Eyates02
    Eyates02 Community member Posts: 110 Courageous
    Options
    Hi @Eyates02

Thanks for your kind response. I am really glad you have found us nice and supportive. You deserve to feel supported, everyone does. Please feel free to let us know if you need anything else or just want a chat about something!  :)
    For sure! I know all this waiting can be difficult so I'll make sure to stay around others such as this community so I feel less anxious in waiting 😊 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Eyates02

Sending you hugs. You will get through it. I do appreciate the anxieties around the uncertainties though. We will be here for you if you need us!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Eyates02
    Options
    Today I was giving a phone call relating to my autism diagnosis, today officially I've been diagnosed as autistic 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How do you feel after receiving the phone call @Eyates02? I can imagine there might be some mixed feelings, but it sounds as though this is a positive thing for you? :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Eyates02
    Options
    How do you feel after receiving the phone call @Eyates02? I can imagine there might be some mixed feelings, but it sounds as though this is a positive thing for you? :) 
    Yeah just relief at the moment, I'm happy it's finally all official but at the same time it doesn't feel real, but one think I will work towards a better understanding if myself 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    edited March 2022
    Options
    That's completely understandable @Eyates02. I agree that I think it could help you to gain a better understanding of yourself, which can be one of the best things about getting the right diagnosis. 

You may find reading this page on the NHS website about things to help if you've recently been diagnosed with autism useful :)

Definitely try and give yourself some time to process the news, and feel your feelings! 

Do you feel comfortable or ready to tell other people in your life about your diagnosis?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Eyates02
    Options
    That's completely understandable @Eyates02. I agree that I think it could help you to gain a better understanding of yourself, which can be one of the best things about getting the right diagnosis. 

You may find reading this page on the NHS website about things to help if you've recently been diagnosed with autism useful :)

Definitely try and give yourself some time to process the news, and feel your feelings! 

Do you feel comfortable or ready to tell other people in your life about your diagnosis?
    I feel ready to tell people, something has been hidden for a long time and now discovering what it is I just want to be proud of being myself really, I may be different and I may struggle but I also see the world in a different way. 

Next week I have a follow up appointment to ask questions and get suggestions so that should be nice 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I am really proud of you @Eyates02 and how far you have come. Different is okay, difference is good. If you want to ask us any questions, please feel free to. We are here for you and looking forward to hearing more about your journey  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    I am really proud of you @Eyates02 and how far you have come. Different is okay, difference is good. If you want to ask us any questions, please feel free to. We are here for you and looking forward to hearing more about your journey  :)
    Thank you, happy to be in the community with soo many friendly people 😊 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    @Eyates02 - We are happy to have you. You are a really valued member of our community. How are you today? I hope you are well  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    @Eyates02 - We are happy to have you. You are a really valued member of our community. How are you today? I hope you are well  :)
    I am doing pretty good my birthday is in 6 days, and I'm also seeing my brother on the 19th, I hope you're doing well as well 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    I am glad to hear you are doing well @Eyates02. Happy birthday for 6 days! How are you feeling about seeing your brother on the 19th? I am well thank you  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    I am glad to hear you are doing well @Eyates02. Happy birthday for 6 days! How are you feeling about seeing your brother on the 19th? I am well thank you  :)
    Feeling good about seeing him going to see my nephew and help out because they're welcoming a baby girl into the world soon 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Aww, proper precious family time! I hope you enjoy @Eyates02. It sounds fabulous. Does the baby girl have a name yet?  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    Aww, proper precious family time! I hope you enjoy @Eyates02. It sounds fabulous. Does the baby girl have a name yet?  :)
    Yes! Iyla ☺️ can't wait to meet her! 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    @Eyates02 - Awww! Such a nice name. Really cute and exciting. I hope all goes well  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    @Eyates02 - Awww! Such a nice name. Really cute and exciting. I hope all goes well  :)
    The one thing I have to remember is the money I bring I should allow myself to use, because my ocd tries making ne feel bad about spending but I feel like I deserve to enjoy myself 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    @Eyates02 - You absolutely do have a right to enjoy yourself. Treat yourself as much as you feel able. Though, I can hear the difficulties you experience with spending money to treat yourself. What do you think you might like to buy for yourself?  :)

• Eyates02
    Options
    @Eyates02 - You absolutely do have a right to enjoy yourself. Treat yourself as much as you feel able. Though, I can hear the difficulties you experience with spending money to treat yourself. What do you think you might like to buy for yourself?  :)
    I love collecting games and consoles, working on my computer etc, but it can be super hard to feel like I can spend, usually takes me a couple months to feel happy or excited about getting something, to be honest I've probably spent more on others than me.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.