Introduction — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Introduction

Options
morrib1
morrib1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi guys, 
My name is Brian how is everyone doing today

Comments

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there Brian,
    I’m doing well this morning, thanks. How are you? I would like to wish you a warm welcome to the community, it’s so great to see you here. To get started, I would suggest navigating over to the Coffee Lounge, which is for general chats, making friends and playing games. There are also many different categories aimed at providing more targeted support. If you’d like to share a bit more about yourself & what brings you here, I’d be more than happy to point you in the right direction :)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @morrib1 :) How was your weekend?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • morrib1
    Options
    Hi Tori, 
    My weekend was okay I visited Liverpool on Saturday nice walk museums, central Library, Albert Dock. 
    How was your weekend? 
  • morrib1
    Options
    Hi Danielle, 
    I have Chronic fatigue sleep apnea spondelosis, I also suffer with Depression & Anxiety. 

• Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi again @morrib1,
    You might find it helpful to check out the category on rare, invisible and undiagnosed conditions. There is also a section on mental health and wellbeing, if you find yourself in need of an open conversation about that. Wherever you go, I hope that you find this to be a safe space for sharing all about your experiences, good or bad.

The weekend in Liverpool also sounds lovely! I have been meaning to visit to do all of the touristy things, but haven't yet. Would you recommend the museums?
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @morrib1

A warm welcome to Scope's forum from me too. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? How are you managing your health (physical & mental) at the moment? If there's anything at all we can do to support you with this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ooh that sounds like a lovely weekend @morrib1 :) Was the weather okay? 

My weekend was nice thanks you. I went to visit my mum, as I wasn't able to see her over Christmas. I had a lovely roast, which always improves a weekend I find!

I'm sorry to hear that you experience depression and anxiety. Are you receiving any support for either of those at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello from me too @morrib1 and welcome to the community. I'm well today thank you, how are you? :)
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.