Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Making crafts and selling on very minimal basis to stay sane

Options
sam611
sam611 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am long term disabled and have been struggling with mental health due to not working. I have started crafting to help myself feel better and wondered where I stand with selling my makes. It wouldn’t be lots as I don’t have the physical ability to have a high turnover, but, just the odd card, crocheted piece etc. say 1 item a week? I am on ESA support group and PIP. I am scared of putting myself at risk of a crime and or losing my benefits because they will think there is a change of circumstances.

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @sam611

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Unfortunately, this is not my area of expertise which means I am hoping someone with more knowledge in this area can respond to you soon.

However, in the meantime, I just wanted to ask you if you enjoy making anything in particular? Crafts sound great fun!  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2022
    Options
    Hello @sam611 and welcome to the community :) We've had a few similar discussions on the forum in recent months, here is one of them, which might be useful to look at.

Here's another discussion I've found on the forum.

I'll keep looking for you, and hopefully our members can help advise you in the meantime. Do ask if there's anything you're still unsure about.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • sam611
    sam611 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Yes! Cards, sewing, crochet, colouring. I like to try any crafts to see what I like. I struggle to sit at a desk for long periods so have a few on the go at once. 
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.