Hi, my name is Liv and I am wanting to chat with likeminded people ^_^ — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Liv and I am wanting to chat with likeminded people ^_^

Options
Ondrop
Ondrop Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi Everyone! I am not too sure how Scope works but I decided to give it a try in attempt to meet and speak to various people who are looking for a friend and to those who may have the same interests. I have autism, love to game on my pc and my hobbies are digital art, reading and watching Anime/Manga and just trying to meet people that I can enjoy time with.
Tagged:

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,724 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ondrop welcome to the forum, join In with any topics.
  • Ondrop
    Options
    Hi @Sandy_123 thank you for the reply!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Ondrop

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. How are you today? I can hear that you are not sure how Scope works. Is there anything, in particular, that is causing you concern that we may be able to support you with or any specific questions about how Scope works that we may be able to answer?

I think we are a supportive and friendly space and I hope you will find the same. What games, in particular, do you enjoy playing on the PC? Also, do you have any favourite genres of reading? Many of us share these interests and have autism too. I am one of those. One discussion category you might find particularly useful is Scope's autism and neurodiversity section (https://forum.scope.org.uk/categories/learning-disabilities-and-autism).

I hope this helps. Take care for now and I will look forward to hopefully hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Ondrop
    Options
    @L_Volunteer Thank you for the lovely message! I am just trying to find people who may have similar interests. Currently I play a range of games from Dead by Daylight, Stardew Valley, Genshin Impact, Resident Evil... The list is endless! All of these I play on the PC but I do enjoy playing on Switch too. As for reading I have a great interest in the fantasy genre!
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Ondrop

Thanks for your response. Honestly, kindness is the very least you deserve.

Oh, you do indeed like lots of games! I hope your post will be found by people with similar interests so you can talk to people with these same interests.

In the meantime, I was wondering if you would like to give a brief summary of what they are about? It may be that people don't play the exact same games but may enjoy the same genre of games, for example.

Oh, I like playing on the Nintendo Switch too! What games do you play on the Switch? I like to play Overcooked, Mario Karts, and Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch. 

The fantasy genre sounds great - and really intriguing too! Do you have a particularly favourite book within the fantasy genre?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Danielle_2022
    Danielle_2022 Community member Posts: 266 Pioneering
    Options
    Hiya @Ondrop,
    I hope you find the resource linked by @L_Volunteer to be helpful. There are so many people here with shared experiences and hobbies, so fingers crossed that you'll be able to connect with them soon! As a side note, I also wanted to ask for your opinion on Stardew Valley. I have been considering playing that for ages myself.

PS: it's not easy to reach out and be vulnerable in the search for friendship, but it is worthwhile and we'll support you however possible, too :)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ondrop

Welcome ot the community, it's lovely to see you join us. I'm glad you've decided to give the community a go, this is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you'll have fun. 

Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you'd like, a couple of notable pages to perhaps visit first would be:
    • Our categories section
    • The recent discussions page, which gives an overview of what is happening across the community
    It seems as though you have a lot of interesting hobbies, Dead by Daylight and Stardew Valley in particular look like really fun games and I would play them myself if they were accessible enough.

What are your favourite anime shows?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    @Ondrop
    I would love to welcome you to the Scope community.  
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey there @Ondrop and hello and welcome from me :)

What a great list of hobbies! I'm an avid gamer, I tend to play on the PS5, and I have friends who absolutely love the games you've mentioned. 

I've only ever watched one anime, a few years ago now, Ouran High School  :D what ones do you like?

The Coffee Lounge is a great place to post about hobbies, this discussion is a great one to show off your digital art, if you would like to, of course! 

As our members have mentioned, if you have any questions or need a hand, please ask.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • ProudMumForever
    ProudMumForever Community member Posts: 235 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there @Ondrop . Im happy to see you play the Switch :P  . I play Animal Crossing and after months n months of my 2 sons saying i need to play Pokemon ... i gave in lol 
  • Danielle_2022
    Options
    Hi @ProudMumForever,
    I have an interesting relationship with Animal Crossing — I go through stages where I play every day and others where I don’t touch it for six months :D. Right now, I’m eagerly awaiting the physical release of a Life is Strange spin-off on the Switch, so I’ll be sure to give you a review B)
    Community Volunteer Host (she/her) with a passion for writing and making the world a better place for disabled people to exist.
  • ProudMumForever
    Options
    @Danielle_2022 - haaa im exactly the same - its not even my console of game lol , its my eldest son who bought it rofl ;P .. we have Butch in boxes today , oh im sooo pleased he is leaving , sooo boring !! tomorrow my son is going to search for someone to fill the slot , thats always fun as we get very animated in our choices ;P . Yesss would love to hear youre review !!
  • Danielle_2022
    Options
    @ProudMumForever,
     I’m so excited for you! I definitely prefer some villagers to others, though I’m very emotionally attached to the ones that have been there since I first started building my island :D. My favourite ones are probably Bones and Merry, what about you?
  • ProudMumForever
    Options
    @Danielle_2022 my faves are Merengue and Shep !!!
  • Danielle_2022
    Options
    @ProudMumForever,
    I just asked Google because I’d never heard of those before and can confirm that you have excellent taste! I’m especially jealous of Merengue, I might have to go searching for her!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.