Hi, my name is Adie_Hawkeye! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Adie_Hawkeye!

Options
Adie_Hawkeye
Adie_Hawkeye Community member Posts: 141 Pioneering
edited February 2022 in Start here and say hello!
Hi all, I am Adie I am disabled and really struggling with my disability my mental health and the ever rising costs of living especially energy bills I am still grieving the loss of my dog. My friend Roger who is a vet was working with a dog pound when he went for a normal monthly visit, he found out that this little female Staffie was going to have to be put to sleep. I have worked with animals all of my life and asked me if I would rescue her, we met her on the following Sunday, that is when I realised that actually she saved me not me saving her! She unfortunately passed away the tail end of September last year and I am still struggling. Adie X
Tagged:

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,658 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Adie_Hawkeye good afternoon and welcome to scope, how are you today? Have to agree that the rising cost of living is a worry, but having lived through a period when inflation was 27% we all got through.
    The loss of a pet can be really hard, have you considered yet getting another dog?
    take care
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Adie_Hawkeye :) 

I'm sorry to hear that things are tough at the moment. The rising energy bills and cost of living are certainly worrying for many people. Are you claiming everything that you're entitled to? 

You may also be interested in getting in touch with our Disability Energy Support service, who can offer free energy and water bill advice. 

I'm really sorry to hear about the death of your Staffie. Do you have any happy memories you'd like to share with us? Remembering the good times can sometimes help to relieve some of the pain. 

You've also mentioned struggling with your mental health of late. I was just wondering whether you're receiving any support for your mental health at the moment? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.