Hi, my name is Rach91! Over three long months after my assessment I've been awarded LCWRA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Rach91! Over three long months after my assessment I've been awarded LCWRA

Options
Rach91
Rach91 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited March 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi my name is Rachel over just three long months of waiting after my ESA assessment Iv been awarded LCWRA! Does this mean I will have the normal ESA rate of 74.80 or does that qualify me to be in higher rate bracket could someone please explain to me as it does all get quiet confusing 🤕
Thanks 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Rach91

Welcome to Scope's forum. It is great to see you have joined us. I am really glad to hear that after your three long months of waiting, you have been awarded LCWRA. Unfortunately, ESA is not an area of my expertise which means I can only hope someone with more knowledge in this area is able to respond to you soon. However, in the meantime, I just wanted to greet you and to let you know that we hear and see you  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • Rach91
    Options
    Hi there 
    thank you for your quick response and being so welcoming ☺️ And after a long time of stress as you may know yourself it is not easy the system but so happy they decided to award me, No worries I’m sure someone else would be able to help me with this! Also have a P.I.P assessment in two weeks time wish me luck 👏 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Rach91

You are welcome. It is the very least we could do. Oh no, systems are always frustrating! I certainly hear you that they aren't easy but I am really glad to hear it has now been awarded. How are you currently feeling about the PIP assessment? I am wishing you the best of luck with your PIP assessment  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Support Group/LCWRA means the extra money is paid from the 14th week after you started your ESA claim. Total weekly money will be £114.10 per week.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hey @Rach91

I can see @poppy123456 has responded to your question. Could you please confirm if you feel your question has been answered? Please just let us know if you need anything to be further clarified or have any follow-up questions. We are here for you  :)

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Rach91, nice to see you join us. 

Thanks for posting your question, and I hope you have found the replies above helpful, I bet those three months felt more like 12 months but it's good that you finally received the decision.

This is a very supportive and welcoming community so please feel free to have a browse and get involved wherever you'd like. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Rach91
    Options
    Hi Poppy thank you so much for clearing that up that is so helpful it has been such a stress🤕 and waiting worrying constantly and they make you feel like your doing something wrong when you should be entitled if you have an illness which is a disability  
  • Rach91
    Options
    Hi Ross 
    Thank you for being so welcoming ☺️ Yeah it feels like Iv been waiting years and constantly chasing them up has added to my stress levels. Also I am so anxious about my PIP assessment and will be worrying about until it’s over! You all have been so helpful so happy I have joined scope forum ☺️ sending my love to you all 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Other important point to note is that because you are now in the Support Group your ESA award will continue indefinitely until such time as DWP decide to reassess you or  you report a change. (Had you not been put in Support group the ESA would end after 12 months.)
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L_Volunteer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Hi @Rach12

I think you have raised a really valuable point. You are indeed entitled if you are eligible! Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. You know yourself best. It is understandable that you are feeling worried about your PIP assessment, not least with the uncertainty. We will be more than happy to talk it through with you though if you would like to discuss it further. Please feel free to let us know how you get on with it all  :)

• calcotti
    Options
    You are indeed entitled if you are eligible! 
    Being eligible and being entitled mean different things so being eligible does not mean you are entitled. Being eligible means you are allowed to apply (not excluded due to nationality, not meeting the past presence test etc). Being entitled means meeting the payment threshold following assessment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Indeed @calcotti. You have raised a really important point. However, there are also eligibility criteria (for instance, disability). Then your application gets prioritised if you can tick the box to say for example that you are applying under protected characteristics  :)

• Rach91
    Options
    Calcotti Hi there and thank you for that useful information I would not of known that it is all new information to me as not claimed before does it get payed monthly or every two weeks does anyone know? 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Hi @Rach91

Great question! And it is completely okay to have questions. Unfortunately, this is not an area of my expertise. This means I can only hope someone with more knowledge in this area can respond to you soon  :)

• Rach91
    Options
    Thank you I have an invisible disability called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome also known as M.E and I can judged some of the time because I don’t look sick and it’s hard to explain to as it’s so fluctuating, I will let you know how my PIP assessment and for anyone who has any useful tips would be most helpful 
  • L_Volunteer
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Oh, we hear you @Rach91. Unfortunately, 'invisible' disabilities are some of the least understood and yet some of the most stigmatised. You might find our discussion sections 'chronic pain and pain management' and 'rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions' particularly useful. I have linked both of these below as they may mean that you are able to connect with others with similar experiences - due to having fibromyalgia, I am one of those! 

I hope you find these helpful! However, if you want to talk things through further or have any questions, please don't hesitate to let us know  :)

• Rach91
    Options
    @L_Volunteer you suffer with Fibromyalgia so sorry to hear that can I ask what support you get? Thank you for attaching those links anything to help relieve chronic pain ☺️
  • calcotti
    edited March 2022
    Options
    Rach91 said:..does it get payed monthly or every two weeks does anyone know? 
    ESA is paid fortnightly. If your PIP claim is successful the PIP will be paid every four weeks.

Have you used a benefits calculator to see if you would be entitled to any Universal Credit in addition to the ESA?
    Benefits calculators - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,659 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Rach91 said:
    Calcotti Hi there and thank you for that useful information I would not of known that it is all new information to me as not claimed before does it get payed monthly or every two weeks does anyone know? 

Your ESA payments will continue as normal on the same day as you've always been paid but the amount will increase to £114.10 per week (from week 14) as advised.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Rach91
    Options
    @calcotti I have currently been working 15 hours a week manage so been getting UC payments, but I am leaving my job tomorrow as I am not able I to cope I’m hoping this will not affect my ESA Payments as I know I will have to declare this straight away

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.