Morning - Page 7 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning

Options

Comments

• Nicetomeetyou22
    Nicetomeetyou22 Community member Posts: 1,880 Pioneering
    Options
    @L_Volunteer thank you and yes school will be open as normal tomorrow as they've had gasmen out and fixed the leak 
  • SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Morning all - bit cold here to day - flipping boiler broke down x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @SueHeath typical when weather turned colder hope you get it fixed 
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    Morning everyone hope your all well what a rough night I have had 1 my lil ones up all night since 3.15am but hey its life weather here today is 3 but feels like -2 hope you get your boiler fixed @SueHeath xxxx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    It's raining and sleeting where I am atm I'm pleased I'm staying in house today pottering about but I'm feeling tired 😫 and weary now 😴 xxx
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Nicetomeetyou22 - Glad to hear all is fixed! And normal services resumed. How are you and your family today? I hope you are able to get the rest you need and deserve, especially after being awake most of the night  :)

Hello @SueHeath. Sorry to hear you are feeling cold today and that the boiler broke - what a bad combination! No doubt, one is influencing the other too. I hope you get to have it fixed as soon as possible and get the rest you need and deserve  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi all it is a bad combination @L_Volunteer it's a combi boiler ha ha - oh well engineer said he will try and be out to-day before 6 or it will be to-morrow.
    Yet another bad night for you @Nicetomeetyou22 i bet your running on fresh air now darling, you must be soooo tired xx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @sueheath I'm not evening running on fresh air lol 😆 😂  I do hope you are OK today sweetie it keeps snowing here on/off and yes another bad night for me 2 nights in a row now but I have just got on with my day 😊 I do hope you get your boiler sorted yous must be cold 🥶  in this weather sending you hugs 🫂  thinking about you beautiful 😍  xxxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Your a star @Nicetomeetyou22 i know how you just get on with things darling, all i can say is hopefully when the children get older their sleep will get better - well fingers crossed.

Me cold neverrrr it's boiling here to-day must be at least 25 - in my dreamssssssssss ha ha 
    Boiler man just rang on his way so fingers crossed, even if he can just get the heating on ha ha xx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @sueheath my son who has sleep problems also has autism epilepsy hypomobilty a non symmetrical brain he's always going to have a mind of toddler bless him so his sleep pattern won't change but I don't mind he's my son and will do anything for my kids so if it means me losing sleep then so be it xxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Bless you @Nicetomeetyou22 do any of the children go to restbite or do you prefer to have them home with you xx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @sueheath no they don't go to restbite I would prefer them home with me I adore my children the way I see things is once I started to have children they are my responsibilities so I'm the 1 that looks after them which I don't mind I will do anything I can for my children xxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    I know you will @Nicetomeetyou22 you are a fantastic Mom and person.
    The reason i asked is my sister in law came for a coffee this morning, she stresses so much she gives me a headache, my Nephew Ryan is 20years old i love him to bits, he has severe autism with low mental age.
    I used to help look after him when he was younger, but he's to strong for me now and i have to be careful he doesn't hurt me. Well Ryan goes on restbite but he has to move to an adult one now and this is stressing my sister in law out. 
    I keep telling her about this wonderful forum, i think she would get a lot out of it.xxx
  • Jo_2022
    Jo_2022 Community Volunteer Host Posts: 298 Pioneering
    Options
    Morning https://forum.scope.org.uk/profile/Nicetomeetyou22! What a lovely message. I hope you are well? I’ve been trying to make the most of the sunshine. Sending a hug back to you 🤝 

Community Volunteer Host with a passion for human rights.

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

• Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @SueHeath don't get me wrong I got offered restbite for my children I have 6 altogether and 4 have complex needs I also have complex needs 2 but I can manage my needs I'm just a happy go bubbly person but my kids call me nuts as I go hyper from time to time lol lol 😆 I think your sister should join this forum aswell so she knows she's not alone I don't have any family support I was brought up in fostercare my so called mother and father died 2 of my brothers have died and 1 of my sisters and I don't talk to my other siblings but I have my children my lovely partner and wonderful friends on here including you so it makes my life easier to manage day by day xxxx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @Jo_2022 thank you very much I'm OK thanks for asking I do hope you are well 😊  xxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Yep and i love "NUTS" ha ha i bet its great in your house sometimes and i certainly think your family and you were ment to be together, if you know what i mean. You have a very good attitude @Nicetomeetyou22 don't you change that xxx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @sueheath thank you means alot I think you and me are on the same wave length haha 😄 😆  xxx
  • SueHeath
    Options
    @sueheath thank you means alot I think you and me are on the same wave length haha 😄 😆  xxx
    You saying i'm NUTS ha ha ha ha xx
  • Nicetomeetyou22
    Options
    @sueheath at least I admit I'm nuts 🤪  pmsl xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.