Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is Anthony x

Options
ArtTeacher
ArtTeacher Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello everyone, I've been seeing my current partner since January, we work together in a high school (I'm in The Art and Music department, she teaches Spanish)

She has CP, and I'm learning just how strong she is everyday I spend with her. 

I just thought I'd jump into this community to share any info, and of course to seek out any answers from your collective knowledge.

Anthony

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good evening @ArtTeacher welcome to this very friendly group.
    Have a good look around and join in any of the chats/threads or ask your own question.

Look forward to seeing you around.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,505 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ArtTeacher! A warm welcome to the community from me too :) How's your week been so far?

Thank you for telling us a bit about yourself and your partner. It's great that you seem to be so supportive of her! We'd definitely love to see you give any advice you might have for other members in a similar situation, and would of course be happy to offer any advice or support you might need too. 

You may be interested in popping over to our category for discussions relating to cerebral palsy, or our coffee lounge if you fancy a chat more generally. 

Do you enjoy being a teacher? I can imagine that it's stressful, but hopefully highly rewarding.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Listener
    Options
    Hi @ArtTeacher
    I would also welcome you to the scope Online community. :) It's so wonderful you love teaching art I bet it is a rewarding to see your students create wonderful artwork after your brilliant teaching.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.