Deco1808
Deco1808 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello everyone. Just joined the site tonight and hope I can get some good information from the site and maybe add a little myself too. I am a wheelchair user since 2012 so coming up to 10 year anniversary of my accident. It’s not easy but we will plough on. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,922 Championing
    Hi and welcome to the community Feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I'm also a wheelchair user for nearly 5 years with the added complication of being severely vision impaired as well 

I agree we just have to make the most of what we have 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,611 Championing
    Hello @Deco1808

Wishing you a warm welcome to the community, I hope you are well this morning. Thanks for joining us and making your first post, it's good to have you aboard. 

This is a warm and welcoming place so please feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you'd like, and if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask. We have several categories, and I'd recommend the virtual coffee lounge as a place to take part in all the varied chats that go on there.

Sorry to hear of your accident, but hopefully over the years you've grown used to using your wheelchair and are getting on okay despite the challenges :)  
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,538 Championing
    A warm welcome from me too @Deco1808 I hope you enjoy spending time on the community :)

It's great to hear that you're looking to join in and share your experiences here. I'm an ambulatory wheelchair user myself.

Sometimes it's nice to have a place to go where you know you'll be understood, and where you can support others with similar lived experience.

Let us know if you need a hand with looking around, or have any questions you'd like to ask.

Alex