Complex PTSD — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Complex PTSD

Options
nuclearpeter
nuclearpeter Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, I am diagnosed with complex PTSD. I have had medium level depression most of my life, with episodes of severe clinical depression. Psychologists recommend integrating traumatic events slowly in order to no re-traumatise the patient. When I was 27 I had a "near death" experience. In fact, I was dead and was revived. The Netflix series on near death was very revealing, and one interviewee said that their life was never the same again afterwards. I agree.

I have a question, if anyone has experienced this, I would appreciate your thoughts. After my near death experience, after I was revived, it felt that my whole memory was recreated, traumas and all. After this experience, I had very sever clinical depression. My question is whether others had the same experience, and if it is true, that the revival is in effect, retraumatizing event - i.e. exactly the opposite of "slow", but a double dose of the same trauma. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nuclearpeter :) Thank you for posting about your experience of living with C-PTSD, and for being so open and honest with us. I can imagine that it's a difficult thing to talk about, but I hope that being able to get things off of your chest and connect with others in a similar position will be really positive for you. 

I can't pretend to know what you're going through, as it's not something I've experienced myself, but we do have other members on the community who live with C-PTSD so I hope that they'll find your post soon. 

Have you been receiving enough support to help you manage your C-PTSD and depression? 

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Artful
    Artful Community member Posts: 37 Connected
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hi, @nuclearpeter I am also diagnosed with Complex PTSD so I can discuss this issue with you but have no experience of a near death experience although I think of myself as a spiritual and open kind of person and would be a willing ear for you on the matter. I am sorry I cannot be of more use to you but I hope it may be a small consolation for you 😊

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.