Hi, my name is yacine99! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is yacine99!

Options
yacine99
yacine99 Community member Posts: 53 Listener
Hi everyone I’m new I just wanted to say hello and to say I suffer with oA and depression.

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @yacine99 and welcome tot he community, it's lovely to see you join us.

How are you this weekend? Are you up to much?

This is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure you'll enjoy taking part, if you have any questions then don't hesitate to ask.

Do you receives support to manage those conditions you mention there?

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Hi there yes I’m on medication for both issues but I have been really low these last few weeks I’m not up to much thank you for talking to me.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    yacine99 said:
    Hi there yes I’m on medication for both issues but I have been really low these last few weeks I’m not up to much thank you for talking to me.
    Sorry to hear that you've felt really low lately, do ensure you go back to your GP to request further support if you ever feel as though what you currently have isn't enough.

What are you up to this weekend? :) 

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Hi thank you I have just been out to the park how about you ?
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    yacine99 said:
    Hi thank you I have just been out to the park how about you ?
    That sounds lovely, how was the park? 

Well during the day today and tomorrow I'll be on the community but tonight I think it's a movie night with my partner. Not sure what we'll be watching yet, something on Disney or Netflix I imagine.

• yacine99
    Options
    Oh that sounds lovely 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Hi @yacine99

Thanks for your reply, and yeah it does. 

I hope you have a lovely evening :) 

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @yacine99
     Welcome to our great group, i'm sorry to hear things arn't good for you at the moment, but i am glad you joined us today.
    Some of us pop in and out of the site during the day, so i'm sure you will be greeted by some of the others soon.

When your ready have a look around the site recent discussions and categories are a good place to have a look 
    You can join in any of the chats/threads any problems just ask, some one is bound to help you

I look forward to seeing you around.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Thank you for your kind comments 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Thats okay @yacine99

Are you doing any thing this weekend ?
  • yacine99
    Options
    no not at the moment my ankle is hurting from my arthritis so I’m just resting my leg how about you it’s so lovely talking to someone last weekend I didn’t want to be here no more I felt so alone 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Bless you @yacine99 no need to feel like that when your part of the gang now ha ha.
    I noticed you on another chat about pip.
    I to have arthritis and i have a lot of problems with my back, we all have our own little demons, but being part of the community is the best thing i've done for a while 
    Even in the middle of the night there may be others that have problems with sleep, they come on site and perhaps have a chat with others that are awake or if it's quiet on line have a good brows around.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Hi thank you I was asking a question about pip as I am getting standard at the moment but I’m on 3 new medication so I phoned and told them and now there sending me a change of form to fill out so I’m a bit worried I have a hernia which is large and can’t carry anything my arthritis has got worst where I can only do a few steps now then I’m in pain even sitting in a chair I feel pain and I’m dealing with ibs as well do you get pip x
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Funny you should say that @yacine99 i have just had my very 1st assessment for my 1st time applying for pip.
    I don't know how it works, but on your other thread/chat you were answered by someone in the know.
    You could have a browse under categories and read other members threads/chats on pip, you will be suprised by the amount of people that ask/talk about it but don't pay to much attention to any negatives you might read i know it's life but it doesn't always help us.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Oh good luck I’m sure you will be fine was your assessment over the phone the first time I had a assessment it was with a lovely nurse
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Yep mine was over the phone - i know how bad i feel and how it's affected my life so it will be what it is. (thats how my brain works ha ha)
    I have been on long term sick from work since last September, i used to be the sort that would even go to work with a bad cold.
    Think this is the end of my work days now, i will be collecting my state pension next year.
  • yacine99
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear how bad you are but i know the feeling good luck I used to love cooking going out but now I don’t do these
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Yep i know how you feel @yacine99
    But were in it together - have a look around i am sure you will find some good interesting reads.
  • yacine99
    Options
    I will where do I look please.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Look up on this page/thread you should see Categories (i'm on a laptop so i hope it's the same for phones)
    Press on that you will come to different box's like welcome, coffee lounge etc ( i'm nearly always in there ha ha)
    When you see the box you might be interested in ie PiP related, press the heading and you will go in to different chats, just have a play you can't break any thing ha ha - good luck @yacine99

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.