Hi, my name is alishakhan22! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is alishakhan22!

Options
alishakhan22
alishakhan22 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello, just wondering I just got my pip review letter today. Its very different to before. My health is the same as before but when they ask for information how do I get that because due to Coronavirus we had no appointments etc and mainly phone consultations. Please help 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,
    The review forms changes quite sometime ago and yes, they are different to the PIP2 form, they you would have filled out when you first claimed.
    Medical evidence isn't needed for a PIP claim, unless it states exactly how your conditions affect you it's not the best evidence to send anyway. Most medical evidence will just tell them the basics like diagnosis, medication etc etc.
    When filling out the form you should treat it as a new claim, even if there's been no changes to your health condition.
    You should include a couple of real world incidents of exactly what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding detailed information such as where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were. You should aim for at least half an A4 side of paper per descriptor that applies.
    Make sure you add your name and NI number to everything you send.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alishakhan22
    Options
    Ok thanks poppy. I have previous letters etc I don't think they would be valid now. I wear adult nappies do you think they would do a letter or something. But nothing has changed atall my mental health still as before so is both my bladder and bowel issue. In waiting list for knee injections. Im just concerned they want to see evidence  but as you said pip don't need evidence. I asked because it says in the sheet to provide photocopies etc.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your form and those real world incidents i mentioned will be your evidence. Anything you sent previously will not be outdated so if you want to send that then there's no reasons why you can't.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome @alishakhan22 thanks for reaching out on the community last night :)

How are you this morning?

I'm glad to see Poppy could help advise you, and if anything else you need a hand with, please do ask.

You're welcome to explore the forum using our categories page, and if you would like to get to know our members better, I can recommend the Coffee Lounge for casual chat and games!
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • alishakhan22
    Options
    Hello alex, im good how about you. Yes poppy always helps and advises me. However I still am being told try to get as much evidence as possible for pip so they can make a quick and appropriate decision. I will make an appointment with my gp and also try to speak with my incontinence nurse. You see everything was done via telephone and because of the pandemic I was put in a waiting list for my knee injection and everything else was a phone consultation. 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Okay @alishakhan22 thanks for explaining. And I'm well thanks for asking :)

Those are good steps to take to gather evidence, to me you sound like you're doing a good job of staying on top of things.
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.