Hi everyone I'm totally new. I've not heard back from PIP, does this mean I'm not eligible? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi everyone I'm totally new. I've not heard back from PIP, does this mean I'm not eligible?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Good morning @Flour
    That sounds like a top tip - thanks ! I've just had a look on the gov.uk website -I'm probably being really dim but for my benefit, and others on the community, could you explain where the link is to make a SAR
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sue_Scope said:
    Good morning @Flour
    That sounds like a top tip - thanks ! I've just had a look on the gov.uk website -I'm probably being really dim but for my benefit, and others on the community, could you explain where the link is to make a SAR

In the link, is a link to click to start the process, which is here. https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/personal-information-request/name

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Sue_Scope said:
    ..could you explain where the link is to make a SAR
    https://secure.dwp.gov.uk/personal-information-request/name
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Sue_Alumni
    Sue_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 486 Pioneering
    Options
    Thank you both !
    Online Community Adviser

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Lozzert
    Lozzert Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Good evening everyone,  hope you're all ok.  I've had my assessment with pip and was refused the allowance so I put in a mandatory request for it to be relooked at and requested all notes on my file. I received another decline on the allowance and when I have got my notes sent to me there isn't even a Dr's report in there. Some of the things they have written down from the assessment is absolutely awful how I showed no signs of anxiety etc, I was heartbroken talking to the nurse. It fails me how they can come up with a decision without my consultant notes on my condition. I'm taking it further does anyone have any tips or were I can get further help please. Thankyou everyone 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,605 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Lozzert said:
    when I have got my notes sent to me there isn't even a Dr's report in there.

Lozzert said:
    It fails me how they can come up with a decision without my consultant notes on my condition.

They very rarely contact anyone for any evidence. The onus is on you to prove you qualify, not theirs. When you filled out the original form, there would have been a list of evidence that they would like to see (if you have it) and another list of things they don't want to see.
    You can now request the Tribunal with a brief reason why you disagree with the decision. Any extra evidence can be sent at a later date.
    For expert advice see link. Put your postcode in and choose the topic "welfare benefits" https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Lozzert and thanks for your query, I'm sorry to hear what's happened so far with your PIP application. Make sure to take some time to look after your mental health, and have a bit of a break, as this can be difficult news to manage.  

If you'd still like to challenge the decision, your next step is requesting a Tribunal, and Turn2Us has a really clear overview the Tribunal process. It might also be worth seeking some additional support. You can search for expert advice using Advice Local.

If there's anything we can help with, or you have any other questions, please do ask. Keep us updated with how you get on.

Alex
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Lozzert
    Lozzert Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    Just a quick update. I had my tribunal hearing 2 weeks ago and it was found in my favour and being backdated to February 2022. I cannot begin to tell you the relief and help this money will be. Just waiting now for the dwp to sort everything out, hopefully not too much longer. Thankyou to everyone for their help on here
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's great news @Lozzert! :)
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ray212
    Ray212 Community member Posts: 363 Pioneering
    Options
    Lozzert said:
    Just a quick update. I had my tribunal hearing 2 weeks ago and it was found in my favour and being backdated to February 2022. I cannot begin to tell you the relief and help this money will be. Just waiting now for the dwp to sort everything out, hopefully not too much longer. Thankyou to everyone for their help on here
    That's great news. Well done for sticking in there! :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.