If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is proudmum! My son has recently been awarded LCWRA

Options
proudmum
proudmum Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited May 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
My son has recently been awardees LCWRA we have been hanging in sick lines since 08/20. The UC have only awarded back dated from 08/21 to 03/22. I was under the impression back dated was granted from when we first applied. My son has ASD we been submitting sick lines every 6months since his adult claim began in 2020. We filled out the assessment form in 2020, got assessed a few months ago. Why have they not back dated from 2020? Can I appeal? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is then paid from the 4th month of your claim.
    Depending on what date exactly the health condition was reported and the dates of the assessment periods then he should receive money from either December 2020 or January 2021. Without knowing those dates it's not possible to say exactly what it should be paid from.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • proudmum
    Options
    hi thank you for your repry.
    we have been sending in sick lines since 8/20 When claimed for UC. First phone call assessment I think around 04/21 didn’t take place, no one called us. I Reported it on journal and case worker said would look into it. After more months of waiting while continuing with sick lines and chatting with work coach, finally another assessment 03/22. However award has only been given from 08/21.

Sick lines have been getting handed in since 08/20, the first assessment call that didn’t take place wasn’t followed up correctly. I was informed a secondary call should have been made if a no answer was the issue. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Without knowing the exact dates of the questions asked i can't tell you when it's paid from exactly. If you sent in a fit note when he first claimed UC what date exactly was this please?
     Just so that you're aware when i mentioned assessment periods i didn't mean the work capability assessment. Everyone has an assessment period each month, which lasts 1 calendar month, for example if someone claimed UC on the 10th of the month their assessment periods would be 10th to 9th of each month.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • proudmum
    Options
    the first note handed in was on the 17/08/2020. A 6month note was handed in and was continued to be handed in every 6 months untill he was awarded LWCRA last month. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If that was the date he first claimed UC as well then his waiting period will be as follows. Aug/Sept, Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov.. LCWRA starts from AP 17th November to 16th December, first payment should be December 23rd Dec 2020.
    He should put a note onto his journal under the payment section and tell them that he disagrees with the decision to backdate the LCWRA from and that he first handed a fit note in on X date. Therefore the waiting period should be as advised above (put those dates down and when he should receive it from) This is assuming he wasn't claiming UC with a partner at that time that already had the LCWRA element on their claim.
  • proudmum
    Options
    Thank you for your helpful information.

My son only had a claim for pip before. When we began with UC as a single person they were told from the start my son was ASD and wasn’t fit for work. We began his claim with a fit note and have continued to hand them in since 17/08/2020. 

I also feel his claim should be back dated to end of December 20. I will put a note on journal asken them to look at the decision again.  
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @proudmum and welcome to the community :) I have moved your discussion over to our Universal Credit category, which contains plenty of other discussions relating to UC :) 

I hope to see you getting involved more around the community. This is a very supportive and welcoming site to be a part of so I’m hopeful that you’ll find it to be a positive outlet. Feel free to have a look around and get involved wherever you’d like 😊 A few notable pages I’d recommend visiting would be:

• The virtual coffee lounge which is one of our categories, in which we play games and talk about general subjects such as hobbies and interests
    • The recent discussions page, which shows an overview of everything happening across the community
    • The categories page, which shows a full list of discussion groups on the community

If you have any questions at all then don’t hesitate to ask.

Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.