New pip claim. I'm worried the assessor was being nice to try and trick me — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip claim. I'm worried the assessor was being nice to try and trick me

nita70
nita70 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all...First ever post so not sure how it works ,had my phone assessment on Friday 17th June and I know it can take weeks still for a decision,was quite pleased with the assessment at the time but now I keep thinking was she being nice to try and trick me??

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2022
    I think it's impossible to speculate anything at this stage. It's very easy to second guess yourself. Current timescales for decision's is between 2-12 weeks, sometimes longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community from me too @nita70 :) You've posted in the right place, so I hope you've been managing to find your way around the community okay! If you have any questions about how to use the site, please just let us know.

I can see why you might feel that way, but the assessor shouldn't have been trying to trick you or catch you out. Did you manage to say everything you wanted to get across? Fingers crossed you won't have to wait too long until you receive your decision letter. 

Is there anything you could do that usually helps you to take your mind off of things that worry you?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • nita70
    @Tori_Scope the assesor was lovely tbh but going over things that was said in my head makes me wonder if there was a few trick questions in there lol ,I only told the truth so hopefully that's enough to be successful 
  • Tori_Scope
    Hopefully @nita70 :) They can sometimes ask questions that may seem odd or irrelevant, but it's usually just to get an idea of how you manage different activities. 

• nita70
  • nita70
    Should I request a copy of the assesors report? Had the txt saying they had received it last week....
  • Tori_Scope
    Some people like to, but others find it makes their anxiety worse @nita70. It's up to you, really. If you do request it, it's worth remembering that it's not the final decision, so you'd have to wait until you receive your decision letter to know what you've been awarded.

• nita70
    @Tori_Scope thank you for your response 😊 another question...you know how they give you 4 weeks to send the pip form back well they sent me a letter telling me they had give me extra time to return mine? Is that normal 😕 
  • poppy123456
    They can sometimes give you extra time without even asking.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • nita70
    @poppy123456 thank you for your response so it's completely normal for them to do that because I've seen that you have to request more time if you need it?
  • poppy123456
    It's a moot point now anyway because you said the report has now been returned to DWP.
  • DmRitchie
    DmRitchie Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    @nita70 , it is worth getting a copy of your report, although as @poppy123456 advised me if you need a mandatory reconsideration, you should focus on the areas that are not scored as highly as you think they should have been. For me those areas where decision maker(DM) awarded no points, the assessment recorded that my partner assisted or organised things for me (which is what I answered). Given that without my partner I do/would struggle, the DM's comments that I could do everything unaided clash with the report. 
  • nita70
    So I received my report today and if the DM goes with the report I'll be denied pip...I give up with it all 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    Please don't give up. It's worth at least trying to appeal <3 
  • nita70
    @Biblioklept I don't have the energy tbh.any stress causes me to have a flare up so it's not worth it...I feel deflated and angry right now especially when people who don't need it and misuse the system get awards and genuine people get nothing 
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,645 Disability Gamechanger
    You don't need to do anything right away anyway you have up to 13 months to appeal, plus the decision maker could still go in your favour anyway. If they don't it's not the end of the road I promise, there's lots you can do. Did you get help with your form when you applied? 
  • nita70
    No I filled the form in myself...
  • poppy123456
    nita70 said:
    when people who don't need it and misuse the system get awards and genuine people get nothing 

Very few people claim PIP fraudulently. Lots of people claim PIP because of invisible conditions and to look at them you wouldn't think there's anything wrong. You can't judge a book by its cover.
  • nita70
    @poppy123456 your very wrong there as I personally know 3 people who claim pip and have nothing wrong with them so I'm not judging nobody,I don't make assumptions about anybody only if I know for a fact its correct 
  • nita70
    I too have invisible disabilities so why would I judge anybody

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.