PIP TELEPHONE ASSESSMENT — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TELEPHONE ASSESSMENT

Options
anniej9464
anniej9464 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
edited June 2022 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I applied for pip in September last year, finally had my telephone appointment 13th of this month and received text saying We've received the written report of your PIP assessment. We will write to you once we've made a decision on your PIP. As a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks. You don't need to contact us unless any of the details you gave us have changed. Thank you.'    My anxiety just can't take anymore not knowing .. what are everyone else's experiences? Tia Annie x

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As already advised in your earlier thread, this is a standard message and you may have to wait up to 12 weeks for the decision.
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/92969/hi-my-name-is-anniej9464-pip-help-needed#latest
    There is nothing you can do except wait.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,682 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It can be a long wait and waiting is always hardest I find. Decisions on here seem quite quick lately so I hope maybe you're not waiting very much longer @anniej9464 <3 
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    I've got my PIP telephone assessment this morning 11.30am and really anxious about it. Had my Lcwra telephone assessment nearly 8 weeks ago and haven't heard anything back yet. Really feeling like both are a waste of time and effort and then after all the stress and upset of getting the info together Ill get refused both after being ill over a year and have no money left by the time they make a decision. Feel like Im just going through the motions today with them. Any last min tips please. Don't even know why Im bothering to pick up phone to them and putting myself through it. Feel really ill today, diarrhoea and migraine, couldn't get to loo on time earlier and still cleaning carpet. Trying to be positive but feel awful 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I realise your assessment will be happening very shortly @silvano, but I just wanted to wish you the best of luck :) Make sure you take your time with answering the questions, and ask them to repeat anything you didn't understand. Have a drink and snack with you, and ensure your phone is charged (or that you're near a charger if you need one!). Be honest, and try to give examples to evidence what you're saying. 

Let us know how it goes! I hope your diarrhea and migraine ease off later on today.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Silvano
    Options
    Thank you. They just rang to say the assessor is running late so could ring any time between 12.30 & 1pm so that's not helping my stress all this hanging around. Such a long process and battle to get awarded nothing at the end and even if awarded Pip and or lcwra they're not enough to live on together with uc. Feel Ive got no chance of getting pip as others have partners or carers to back them up at the assessment. I'm struggling to do this myself. I'll have to make sure the assessor understands me and get her to read back what shes put or facts get twisted. Its on my landline but that's a walk about one so have to make sure fully charged and within range as that cuts out sometimes. Thank you. Ill let you know how it goes. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,365 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don't think having a caring or partner at the assessment will increase anyones chances of a PIP award because this isn't what it's about. During the assesment unless you have an appointee then you're expected to speak for yourself.
    PIP is about the help you need, regardless of whether you get that help.
    I know it's stressful waiting for them to call, been there myself. The good thing is, they rang you to tell you there's a delay.
    Reading internet stories which are mostly negative certainly doesn't help.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Silvano
    Options
    Thank you. My Work Coach is so negative and that doesn't help nor all the stories saying its impossible to be awarded it, yes you're right there. 
  • Silvano
    Options
    Im still waiting for them to phone. Can't take much more of the waiting
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    The wait like that would be awful sorry @silvano I hope they clal very soon and then it is over and done with <3 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    Did they call in the end @Silvano?

• Silvano
    Options
    Hi, Yes but an hour and a half late so 1pm and a horrible agreessive woman who fired questions at me for an hour and three quarters till 2.45pm. She was really hostile and made me feel like she was interrogating me. I felt v ill and being sick with migraine by the end. She talked over me and continually interupted, didnt really listen and made me feel like I was in the wrong. She still hasnt finished the questioning but had the audacity to say shes meant to finish work at 2.30pm, well that's her problem not mine if she'd phoned on time and not cross examined every bloody thing I said!! She said she'd ring back today at 1pm but I was feeling so stressed and ill today after her yesterday that I told her when she called that Im too ill today to face more questioning. Shes going to ring Tues at noon. I felt as if I was a criminal being cross examined by Police the way she spoke to me yesterday, not that Ive ever committed a crime but you get what I mean. So so hostile and snappy she was, nasty!! 😥 I can see why people say forget it and don't claim. 
  • Biblioklept
    Options
    That's awful @Silvano :( I've not heard of them calling back next day to continue before either!! Your assessment was already pretty long.
    I hope on Tuesday it's a bit easier <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    I'm really sorry to hear that @Silvano. They shouldn't have made you feel that way. How are you feeling today, now that you've had some time to recover? 

• anniej9464
    anniej9464 Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    @Silvano can totally relate to you I've been waiting since September last year for my telephone assessment and the way in is sending my anxiety through the bloody roof!!! You shouldn't have been made to feel like that no way though I would put a complaint in! Hope your okay! I've been turned down for pip tree times and stupidly not appealed due to how the previous assessors have made me feel! Most of them conducting the assessments probably have no health conditions so can imagine it's difficult for them to understand but saying that there job is to 'understand' really hope your okay now.. X x
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I've been turned down for pip tree times and stupidly not appealed due to how the previous assessors have made me feel! 
    Every time you reapply you are putting yourself through another assessment. If you appeal, the MR does not involve an assessment and if you go to a tribunal the tribunal will be looking to gain your description of the difficulties you have.

If you have been refused three times you should probably seek help before applying again. https://advicelocal.uk/
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • poppy123456
    Options
     I've been turned down for pip tree times and stupidly not appealed due to how the previous assessors have made me feel!
    If you constantly reapply using the same evidence you previously used, a constant refusal is very likely.
    Please get some expert advice before doing anything else so you can check that you can score enough points needed for an award.
    There are some people with a health condition that won't qualify for PIP because if you don't meet the descriptors, you won't score the points for an award. Im not saying you don't qualify because i don't know anything about how your conditions affect you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Silvano
    Options
    This is my first time applying. Its a total farce with them and so stressful. The appointments people rang yesterday and said the woman who did my assessment cant do Tuesday at noon now and so its gone back to the DWP and I have to start all over again, bloody useless incompetent unprofessional woman!! I told the appointment maker that the assessment had been an hour and three quarters and that the cow had phoned an hour and a half late and told them how badly she treated me and still hadn't finished the assessment so Tuesday was meant to be to finish it. They said I ought to put a complaint in but I feel that'll be more stress for me and thatll go against me because the **** who did my assessment will not like me lodging a complaint. Its like they make it as hard as possible so you give up then they don't have to pay out. I cant go through starting all over again and waiting another 11 weeks for an assessment. The assessor was a bully, a cow and a total ****, pardon my French but the whole pip thing is a farce and all for a pittance of money IF they pay out which they rarely do apparently. Im totally stressed by it all and ill and don't know what to do re it next. 
  • Silvano
    Options
    Hi Annie Im glad its not just me, thats awful theyve made you feel so bad too. Three times is terrible. It sounds to me from what the appointment maker who phoned me yesterday said that the nasty assessor I had couldn't even be bothered to write a report of my assessment shes done so far so just rejected it. She didn't finish assessing me anyway in that gruelling hour and three quarters. Was meant to do the rest Tue noon and now she cant even be bothered to do that, lazy incompetent **** basically!! 😥 Maybe Id be better with a male assessor (Im female) as this madam was a nightmare. I dont know what to do next, Im in a terrible state re it all. The way they treat us its as if they don't believe us. She needs to experience our chronic pain and disability. 
  • Silvano
    Options
    By the way she didnt even ask for all the medication Im on and its side effects. Every time I tried to tell her she said she'll cover that question later and never got that far in the hour and three quarters. We wouldn't be applying for Pip if we aren't ill would we? The way they go on is as if we are frauds and they're giving us loads of money. Its not enough to live on and a heck of a lot of work and stress to apply for. Told them its not worth me having a stroke from the stress. I had chest pains, sweating, was sick high blood pressure when on phone with assessment plus my hands are in pain from holding the phone an hour and three quarters due to arthritis. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Silvano said:
    This is my first time applying. Its a total farce with them and so stressful. The appointments people rang yesterday and said the woman who did my assessment cant do Tuesday at noon now and so its gone back to the DWP and I have to start all over again,

The report may have been writen and returned to DWP on the information they already had. I'd advise you to ring DWP Monday morning when they open and ask them if your PA4 report has been returned back to them.
    Silvano said:
    all for a pittance of money IF they pay out which they rarely do apparently.
    The majority of people claim PIP successfully first time without any problems at all. It's natural that on any internet forum you'll mostly only hear the bad stories. If someones had a decision they're happy with they have no questions to ask so we don't hear their story.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.