PIP TELEPHONE ASSESSMENT - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP TELEPHONE ASSESSMENT

Options
13»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,732 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Please be cautious of the advice given on places like that. Very often the advice is shocking. I joined once but left rapidly when I realised I just couldn’t sit there and continue to read all those posts. 
    Definitely not the best place to be when going through a PIP claim. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Silvano
    Silvano Community member Posts: 385 Pioneering
    Options
    Oh heck, thank you for the warning. What was the matter to make it shocking? My membership is pending so I haven't been able to read posts yet. I will see what its like once Im accepted, can remove myself/leave the group if dreadful 
  • Silvano
    Options
    Update. I got a txt from Pip this afternoon giving me a telephone assessment appointment for Tue 19 July 1pm. I presume its to finish the assessment from last week, hope its not with that same dreadful woman I had the hour and three quarters with!! 😥 I best phone and ask who its with, might be a complete new assessment from the start with different assessor hopefully as cant stand any further interaction with that woman
  • Silvano
    Options
    Ps They're sending out an appointment letter to back up the txt so we'll see what that says, meanwhile will def phone them and ask who 19th is with plus lodge a complaint against the dreadful madam from last week!! 😥 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    They may not be able to tell you who its with until the day of the assessment.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Angel247
    Angel247 Community member Posts: 38 Connected
    Options
    calcotti said:
    As already advised in your earlier thread, this is a standard message and you may have to wait up to 12 weeks for the decision.
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/92969/hi-my-name-is-anniej9464-pip-help-needed#latest
    There is nothing you can do except wait.
    I’ve been scrolling all these forums and although I find you and the poppy font very helpful. But sometimes just shutting people down when they are here to discuss their situation is not very nice. Just my opinion. Although very grateful for your help on here. @calcotti

Your response being “There’s nothing you can do expect wait” when she clearly asked others about their experience. Is very dismissive. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Angel247 said:
    calcotti said:
    As already advised in your earlier thread, this is a standard message and you may have to wait up to 12 weeks for the decision.
    https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/92969/hi-my-name-is-anniej9464-pip-help-needed#latest
    I’ve been scrolling all these forums and although I find you and the poppy font very helpful. But sometimes just shutting people down when they are here to discuss their situation is not very nice. Just my opinion. Although very grateful for your help on here. @calcotti

Your response being “There’s nothing you can do expect wait” when she clearly asked others about their experience. Is very dismissive. 

This thread is 6 months old. Calcotti was correct and there wasn't anything that could have been done.
    This doesn't stop other responding on the thread, which i see they did.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Angel247 said:
    calcotti said:

Not in any way meant as dismissive. Simple statement that at the point in the claim process there is nothing useful to be done other than wait. In no way did this observation discourage others from posting regarding their experiences. 
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.