If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

hi

Options
tonty3324
tonty3324 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi, 

my name is Tony, i am 48 years old and  suffer from severe depression and anxiety disorder with suicidal tendencies and have spent the last 18 years battling to get the right help and support. 
I have been admitted to hospital on a number of occasions due to attempted overdose's.
It is only in the last couple of years that i have found the courage to stand up for myself and get the support i need instead of just being fobbed of by the local mental health services.

im hoping my experiences can help someone.

thank you

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,503 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tonty3324 :) Welcome to the community! It's great to have you with us. 

Thank you for sharing a little bit about your experiences. It sounds as though things have been quite tough for you, so thanks for being so open and honest with us. I know that's not always easy to do. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a battle getting the right level of support. Do you now feel as though you're getting the right level of support? 

I'm going to send you an email from community@scope.org.uk today, so please do keep an eye out for that. 

I'm sure our other members would value your support and advice. You're welcome to take a look around the community and get stuck in at your own pace. You might be particularly interested in visiting the following: 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,707 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good for you finding the fight to stand up for yourself @tonty3324 it's the first step of realising your worth as a person and knowing how strong and worthwhile you are!! <3 
  • tonty3324
    tonty3324 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Really powerful words there @Biblioklept. Thank you from me too  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.